A Spring Day on the San Juan River (Video)

manicfishng

Reaction score
All,

Was at the Juan last weekend for a day. Hope you enjoy the video!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-EetwLBuM]A Spring Day with High Desert Trout - YouTube[/ame]

Gregg

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice work on the video, too bad the fishing was so lousy! :D

Seriously, loved the awesome fish and the way you guys are being careful when handling the fish, congrats!

lacanadio

Reaction score
Gregg may be a new member here, but he's a long-time regular over at the San Juan River Forum. And he rocks the Juan: those fish are typical for his days on the river. I wish I could do half as well when I'm there :).

Bob

manicfishng

Reaction score
Man, I really appreciate the kind words, ladies and gents! I'm trying to work on the video side of things. Anything you could suggest to improve? What am I missing in there that would make it better? What should I leave out if anything? Up to suggestions!

lacanadio, I really appreciate the Attaboy! Maybe we can get on the Juan sometime together? Share secrets!

Gregg

lacanadio

Reaction score
I'd like that, Gregg - I'm afraid it'd be you sharing secrets, because I am a rank beginner on the Juan. Learning, though. I'm pretty sure I saw you with your wife at THole parking lot in March.

SWMBO and I will be there Friday and Saturday and, I hope, May 10 and 11.

Hope to see you up there.

Bob

fly505

Reaction score
Beautiful fish!! Great video as well :) keep up the good work. I have never caught fish that big up there.

manicfishng

Reaction score
Kayo,

Red Annelids in size 20-24 consistently do well for me. And it's not any version in particular to be real honest. As long as you have red midges in your box you'll usually be good for a fair amount of fish. I like starting with 5x and terminating with 6 unless I'm fishing streamers of course. Go 0X for those guys.

Gregg

noreaster

Reaction score
Great vid.
I was hoping for a little footage of the fish taking and setting the hook, and a little tail lashing. :D

Love the conservation ethic you guys practice. Even the net man was keeping the fish in the water. Not too long out of water. Nice gentle releases.

Cool stuff.:cool: