The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
I think to carry, or not, is a function of State Laws and where you're going. I'm sure (even if Oregon is an 'open carry State') there are very few places that it would be needed if just fishing. (Not a combined hunting trip.)

Know a couple of guys who 'carry' damned near in site of Medford on the Rogue. Protection from what? A chipmunk?
It's interesting, the way this thread is going. In other circles, those I travel, the thought is protection from two-legged predators, not four.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickj View Post
It's interesting, the way this thread is going. In other circles, those I travel, the thought is protection from two-legged predators, not four.
Indeed Nick, but the probability of 'they' walking a river beach is pretty rare. At least here. An old car drives up with a load of 'young men' and they don't have any fishing gear? I'll pay attention.

Only had that once, years ago and they did have fishing equipment .. but it was 'fly fishing only' season here on the Rogue. Walked up and 'explained the rules' and was told to fuxk off.

Fire station just across the street from the parking lot and 'May I use your phone?' So yes! 15'ish minutes later two Oregon State Police cars pulled in, told them what was going on/happened.

Another 15 minutes (give or take) four were in handcuffs getting stuck in the back seat of the patrol cars. Gear, and car impounded.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Excellent! I hate poachers! Maybe a new thread on busted poachers....
Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 AM

blackbugger has a spectacular aura aboutblackbugger has a spectacular aura aboutblackbugger has a spectacular aura about

I always drive a tank when I'm in bear country. You can never be too carefull...
dean_mt likes this.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:56 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

So much about Firearms its a Touchy subject everywhere as we have the Strictest Laws in The World.
I don't own any Handguns however when I go Fishing I go Fishing & when I take a Rifle out I go Hunting.
Also I've noticed some Guides in Alaska carry weapons others prefer not to.
Brian.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 PM

If I hadn't lost all mine in the unfortunate boat accident, I'd have a bunch of .22's- rifles, pistols, revolvers..a .38 Special, a .38 Super, a 9mm, some .357's, a .40, some 45's, a .44 Mag, some 12 ga shotguns, some AR's, and a .308 rifle.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:10 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

You were carring all those guns in one boat?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
You were carring all those guns in one boat?
If anyone ever comes looking for them, yes.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 AM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

I carry my M&P 40S&W almost everywhere I go.

Randy
loveforthedryfly likes this.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:17 AM

loveforthedryfly is on a distinguished road

That made me laugh Nickj! funny as ****! damn the bad luck huh. troutchamp, hows the m&p working for u? I've been looking at them for a while and love them. Just havent committed yet.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I've never thought about bringing my weapon in the wilderness for protection from people, The critters are what im worried about. I can protect myself with words most of the time with people.