The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountain Range (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/)
-   -   Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em?? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/319931-guns-whos-got-em-who-leaves-em.html)

loveforthedryfly 05-20-2013 03:11 PM

Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em??

It seems like im always fishing as far away from civilization as i can get. I love the back country and love my Guns. when im up in bear/wolf/cat country i always like to have protection. I carry a S&W 357. mag, or my S&W 44. mag. never both one is enough. Now i havent come into a situation ive needed them yet. But I like to be PREPARED. Id like to know how many of you either accompany someone with a firearm or carry one of there own??

jor fly 05-20-2013 03:15 PM

Re: Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em??

S and W .357 long barrel, I fish a couple places that are known for black bear.

mikel 05-20-2013 03:28 PM

this thread has potential to get someone banned...lots of strong feelings on both sides...not to mention that it will devolve into a 2nd amendment urination contest almost without question. $.02

loveforthedryfly 05-20-2013 03:35 PM

Really??? well if i do i do. I think its an adult question, and to people who may get offended. Im not trying to offend anyone. I believe we all have the right to believe w/e you want to believe. I dont hate when they offend me.

mikel 05-20-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforthedryfly (Post 557830)
Really??? well if i do i do. I think its an adult question, and to people who may get offended. Im not trying to offend anyone. I believe we all have the right to believe w/e you want to believe. I dont hate when they offend me.

It is certainly an adult question. It has been discussed on many forums, and the issue is less than adult answers and discussion.

You've done nothing to offend anyone. I just don't want to see any more members banned than is necessary.

brookfieldangler 05-20-2013 03:39 PM

Have a Springfield 1911 but I never carry it since it's not kosher tocarry in Illinois (yet).

nickj 05-20-2013 03:40 PM

Not me, J. Edgar. Mine were all lost in an unfortunate boating accident.

mcnerney 05-20-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikel (Post 557825)
this thread has potential to get someone banned...lots of strong feelings on both sides...not to mention that it will devolve into a 2nd amendment urination contest almost without question. $.02

Mike is absolutely correct! We have people who love guns, others who hate guns, so be it, but keep this discussion civil and no personal attacks or you know what will happen. Have a good day.

Larry

kayo 05-20-2013 04:01 PM

PPK Walther 380, for out of town fishing.

nickj 05-20-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayo (Post 557844)
PPK Walther 380, for out of town fishing.

Sounds like fun, but what do you do on a catch and release stream?