The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM

loveforthedryfly is on a distinguished road
Default Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em??

It seems like im always fishing as far away from civilization as i can get. I love the back country and love my Guns. when im up in bear/wolf/cat country i always like to have protection. I carry a S&W 357. mag, or my S&W 44. mag. never both one is enough. Now i havent come into a situation ive needed them yet. But I like to be PREPARED. Id like to know how many of you either accompany someone with a firearm or carry one of there own??
Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 PM

jor fly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gun's!! Who's got em, who leaves em??

S and W .357 long barrel, I fish a couple places that are known for black bear.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

this thread has potential to get someone banned...lots of strong feelings on both sides...not to mention that it will devolve into a 2nd amendment urination contest almost without question. $.02
dean_mt, dharkin and troutnut4 like this.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:35 PM

loveforthedryfly is on a distinguished road

Really??? well if i do i do. I think its an adult question, and to people who may get offended. Im not trying to offend anyone. I believe we all have the right to believe w/e you want to believe. I dont hate when they offend me.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforthedryfly View Post
Really??? well if i do i do. I think its an adult question, and to people who may get offended. Im not trying to offend anyone. I believe we all have the right to believe w/e you want to believe. I dont hate when they offend me.
It is certainly an adult question. It has been discussed on many forums, and the issue is less than adult answers and discussion.

You've done nothing to offend anyone. I just don't want to see any more members banned than is necessary.
loveforthedryfly likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:39 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Have a Springfield 1911 but I never carry it since it's not kosher tocarry in Illinois (yet).
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Not me, J. Edgar. Mine were all lost in an unfortunate boating accident.
nm_gringo likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
this thread has potential to get someone banned...lots of strong feelings on both sides...not to mention that it will devolve into a 2nd amendment urination contest almost without question. $.02
Mike is absolutely correct! We have people who love guns, others who hate guns, so be it, but keep this discussion civil and no personal attacks or you know what will happen. Have a good day.

Larry
Hardyreels, pa dave and troutnut4 like this.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:01 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

PPK Walther 380, for out of town fishing.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:09 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo View Post
PPK Walther 380, for out of town fishing.
Sounds like fun, but what do you do on a catch and release stream?
fredaevans and theboz like this.