The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By cochise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about
Default Float Tubing in Yellowstone Grand Teton Area

Anybody have the name of a small lake or good sized pond that holds fish that might be below 10000FT of elevation that would be good for a float tube fishing?

I am heading to Yellowstone for 3 days and Jackson hole for 7. I plan on some wading fishing but wouldn't mind some float time.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Float Tubing in Yellowstone Grand Teton Area

Get yourself a copy off Nate Schweber's "Fly Fishing YNP" he details a number of small lakes that would be good for a tube.
shortyb and flyfishmich like this.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Henry. Henry. Henry.
mcnerney and flyfishmich like this.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:28 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
Henry. Henry. Henry.
as in the henrys fork
Old 06-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishmich View Post
as in the henrys fork
No, he is talking about Henry's Lake just to the west of West Yellowstone. Also Hebgen Lake, just to the north.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
No, he is talking about Henry's Lake just to the west of West Yellowstone. Also Hebgen Lake, just to the north.
thanks. I was thinking that a kick tube floating down the river might be a new type of adventure. Maybe I'd try it without a fly rod and with a helmet.

thanks for the info. I can't wait to get out there.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishmich View Post
thanks. I was thinking that a kick tube floating down the river might be a new type of adventure. Maybe I'd try it without a fly rod and with a helmet.

thanks for the info. I can't wait to get out there.
LOL! I have heard of guys trying that on the Green below Flaming Gorge, but after you have seen all the obstacles and rapids, I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to live a long life.

On a serious side, if you plan on fishing Henry's Lake or Hebgen Lake, I would recommend you stop into one of the fly shops in West Yellowstone and getting some serious advice on flies and tactics.