The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fly Fishing with the Grandson!

Last Monday my son and I took the grandson out for a float on the Grey Reef section of the North Platte using a guided float from the North Platte Lodge. My grandson isn't quite six yet, but he is a certified fishing nut who loves fishing for smallmouth bass and crappies on a local pond. This was his first trip on a boat and a first for catching trout. His casting is coming along fine, just needs a little more finese on the hook setting and fighting trout. None of us knew what to expect but it turned out to be a great day with lots of wildlife spotted along the river, even a praire rattlesnake trying to swim across in that cold water. Here are a few of the photos.
Click the image to open in full size.

bigjim5589, imxer, jpbfly and 5 others like this.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Fishing with the Grandson!

Larry, that's awesome!

My 2 grandson's are 3 & 5. I'm very much looking forward to turning them both into fishing nuts!
mcnerney likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:13 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Larry thats the way to do it! Took my grandson out for Bluegills yesterday! And picture #6 is a classic I'd hang that one on the wall!!
mcnerney likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-02-2013, 01:14 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Awesome!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:15 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Fly Fishing with the Grandson!

"Thread of the Day!!"

Loved the picture where you two have your backs to the camera. I think I can safely assume .........
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Larry hope Wyatt will fish with "uncle JP" some day
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:50 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Great shots! What a day, thanks for posting the pictures. He looked really happy.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:56 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

I agree with theboz.......#6 should be framed and put on the wall.......
mcnerney, rusty 54 and theboz like this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Last Monday my son and I took the grandson out for a float on the Grey Reef section of the North Platte using a guided float from the North Platte Lodge. My grandson isn't quite six yet, but he is a certified fishing nut who loves fishing for smallmouth bass and crappies on a local pond. This was his first trip on a boat and a first for catching trout. His casting is coming along fine, just needs a little more finese on the hook setting and fighting trout. None of us knew what to expect but it turned out to be a great day with lots of wildlife spotted along the river, even a praire rattlesnake trying to swim across in that cold water. Here are a few of the photos.

----------------------

-----------------------------
Larry,

Life and memories just do not get any better than this.

Paul
mcnerney likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 06-02-2013, 07:42 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Awesome, looks like you guys had a great day. Thanks for taking the time to share
mcnerney likes this.