The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By jpbfly
  • 1 Post By imxer
  • 1 Post By chased

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bighorn Fishing Trip Report

Last week Chase (chaseb), his friend Rod and I spent some time on the Bighorn river hunting for trout. It is always fun for me to get a chance to fish with one of the forum members and this trip was epic, we all had a great time together and landed some really nice trout. Rod is into smoking meat and does an awesome job and we consumed some pretty incredible meals that he brought along to share. Rob made an 800 mile drive from Iowa to come fish with Chase and I, and his goal was to land a Brown Trout, he is primarily a Bass and Steelhead fisherman. Wouldn't you know it, the very first fish landed was a big 20" Brown trout by Rob, that made his whole trip, we were all smiles to see him attain his goal for the trip! Chase took a bunch of photos so hopefully he will add to the thread. Here are a few photos that I took of the trip:
Click the image to open in full size.
The first day we met Dario fishing from a pontoon, he is a local and a very friendly guy, we traded flies and kept leap frogging each other as we progressed down the river, sometimes sharing fishing holes together.
Chase with a beautiful Rainbow:
Rod with his first Wyoming Brown Trout:
Myself with a nice Rainbow:
Chase with a great looking Wyoming Brown Trout:
Chase with another great looking Rainbow:
Rob with a nice Rainbow:
Rob with another nice Rainbow:
Rob lands another beautiful Rainbow:
Another great looking Rainbow:

Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bighorn Fishing Trip Report

Looks like you guys had a good time on the waternice fish Larry
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:46 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Larry,

Looks like the Bighorn trip all worked out very well.

Re: your other post, PIX of your Grandson are priceless. He will never forget that trip.

Paul
mcnerney likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 06-02-2013, 03:44 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the pics Larry...looks like it went well...and by the looks of your attire the weather cooperated a bit too...

thanks...t

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 06-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip8k View Post
thanks for the pics Larry...looks like it went well...and by the looks of your attire the weather cooperated a bit too...

thanks...t
Ted

For the most part the wx was great, but then I like fishing on cloudy/rainy days as the hatches can be tremendous. At least we didn't have the wind that my gf was reporting in Pinedale.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:50 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Those are some killer rainbows, wow!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about

Always great when your part of someone's "first" a nice first at that!

I'm jealous! Looks like it was a good time.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Larry, this was a phenomenal trip. We all had a great time. Lots of fish were caught and the scenery was breathtaking. I posted another thread with a short story and lots of pics. If anybody has a chance to fish with Larry, DO IT!

Chase
shortyb likes this.