The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: RMNP first timer

I love the Fly Fishing RMNP book.

Fern Lake trail following the Big T is always good. Bring the 4wt and some copper John's , San Juan worms and Hot Wire Prince nymphs that time of year. You can also do some drive by fishing right in Moraine and Glacier creek near by.

The roaring river is also a good option.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 06-30-2013, 08:40 PM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about

Anyone have an opinion on Mills or Loch this time of year? I have family that fish coming into town...thinking the glacier trail to either/both Loch and Mills would be a scenic hike and could maybe fish both lakes...could also fish glacier creek on the way...I like to put my family on fish when they come to town

any thoughts that would discourage it other than the bear lake rd. construction?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 AM

johnny_p is on a distinguished road

countr21 and I will be hitting some beaver ponds in the park tomorrow and Wednesday. Hopefully, we'll have some nice pics to share.

countr21 will then be heading into the back country to some high lakes for a few days. Sadly, I cannot join him. I'm sure he'll post a report.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

Don't know about the Mills, but the Loch is bliss for little greenbacks. The Loch is pure scenery heaven combined with fast action for the little guys. Bring waders as it's tight casting almost all around the lake except for within the outlet area. If the weather is good, bring your typical Park dry flies - grizzly gnat and ants/beetles. Be prepared for lots of company......the Loch is one of the more popular lakes in the Park. Bring your bug dope and camera.....enjoy.