The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Camping around the Frying Pan River?

Old Faithful.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I rest my case.
cochise likes this.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM

a3dhunter is on a distinguished road

I fished there last Sunday, had a hard time finding a place to put out my tent and sleeping bag for the night saturday night without paying $18 at Ruedi Reservoir.
I ended up finding a pull out half way around the lake where there was an old fire ring at a little lower level than the pull out.
Set up the tent at 11:30pm and had it packed up by 5:30am headed fishing.

Fishing seemed pretty slow to me and I only caught a couple fish in the upper section, nothing over 16-17" although below the bridge I could see several bigger fish that were feeding but wouldn't take what I had.

I am curious as to how you guys fish the upper hole, right where the water comes into the big hole? What flies, do you try to fish the current there, or just float something on top?

Ended up fishing lower down the river towards the end of the day and picked up a nice rainbow on a hopper fishing against a rock wall, with several hook ups on a size 16 caddis as well.
bmfa likes this.