The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By lifeonthefly14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM

lifeonthefly14 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone in Missoula care to take a newbie fishing?

Hi, not sure this is the best place to ask but I'm staying in Missoula tomorrow (14th) and Saturday and wondering if anyone would be willing to let me tag along fishing and maybe cast a line? Just want to learn and listen. Hoping for someone experienced who can talk about local fishing culture, history etc.

I'm willing to give you $40-80 (depending on how involved it is to get fishing). About me, I'm a male university student from the southwest, no experience fishing but I really want to try. I'm outdoorsy and willing to go in any weather. I've usually been told I'm reasonable company. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Anyone in Missoula care to take a newbie fishing?

Long way away but I hope you 'hook up.' Do we take it you have no gear?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Anyone in Missoula care to take a newbie fishing?

I don't have gear unfortunately. I'm willing to compromise and watch/take turns. Just like to have a fishing experience. Don't need to feed the family.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I was closer, I'd take you out! Hopefully, someone from Missoula will see your request!
fredaevans likes this.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Not sure if I'm the only Missoulian on here these days or not, but welcome to town. I would love to go fishing this weekend but I have a pile shingles that will be dropped on my roof tomorrow afternoon...I guess you can figure out what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend!

Sorry man, otherwise I'd be willing and able.

Good luck.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. Seems like people here are as friendly as Missoulians in town.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:22 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonthefly14 View Post
Hi, not sure this is the best place to ask but I'm staying in Missoula tomorrow (14th) and Saturday and wondering if anyone would be willing to let me tag along fishing and maybe cast a line? Just want to learn and listen. Hoping for someone experienced who can talk about local fishing culture, history etc.

I'm willing to give you $40-80 (depending on how involved it is to get fishing). About me, I'm a male university student from the southwest, no experience fishing but I really want to try. I'm outdoorsy and willing to go in any weather. I've usually been told I'm reasonable company. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
Just thinking allowed before I go back to bed (0321 PDT at the moment) and a bit of 'earlier up' for this would have been a good idea?

fred
Old 06-14-2013, 08:09 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonthefly14 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. Seems like people here are as friendly as Missoulians in town.
Hope you are enjoying your stay. Have been to Charlie's yet? If not get on down there and enjoy the classic Missoula! I sure wish I had some energy and that my ankles and feet weren't killing me right now from being on that dam roof all day...or else I'd be there too.