The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By stenacron
  • 3 Post By mikel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 PM

long bow will become famous soon enough
Default Rainbow Gathering 2013

Looks like the Rainbow Gathering will again be in Jackson, MT again this year around the 1st part of July. Anyone looking to spend some peace and quiet in the Big Hole/Dillon/Butte area....sorry. It's going to be another circus again.

Last edited by long bow; 06-19-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Rainbow Gathering 2013

If this is what it sounds like I'm not sure what it has to do with fishing.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post

If this is what it sounds like I'm not sure what it has to do with fishing.

Ard
Yeah, aren't these some type of modern day "love in's" or "hippie camps?"

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 AM

long bow will become famous soon enough

I believe its "alternative lifestyle" gathering

Anyway....not necessarily fishing per se, but with an influx of THOUSANDS of people and all the enforcement that comes to deal with it..it will certainly ruin a trip if someone planned for the area on those dates. Not a camp site to be found for sure. And nude bathing in the river, can't for get that.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:28 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

They had one of these things in North Eastern Arizona in the late 70's.

I remember being in a restaurant and watching as the filthy vagrants watched for people to leave so they could go finish what was left on their plates.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least the good news is they won't be in Wyoming!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:48 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post

They had one of these things in North Eastern Arizona in the late 70's.

I remember being in a restaurant and watching as the filthy vagrants watched for people to leave so they could go finish what was left on their plates.
One of the guys that works in our office attends these events... a couple days of "he and his wife running around naked" as he puts it. Not a picture you want in your head if you knew him believe me.
mcnerney and dean_mt like this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

hey...Santa Cruz will probably be a ghost town that week...it'd be a good time to eat alternative foods and buy hemp clothes out here on the left coast

You might be able to walk down Pacific Ave and not get panhandled.
mcnerney, dean_mt and stenacron like this.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's a junk show. But I've heard that they are looking at the Townsend area, Raidersburg to be exact.

The only reason I know this is that I have a friend who works for the Food Bank. He has been keeping up with their whereabouts since hearing that "they" were coming back to Montana this summer. For him it is serious issue, as these folks pass through town on their way to the gathering they can easily wipe out and entire stock of a food bank our size which puts a great impact on the residents here that rely on it.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:30 PM

4peace1piece will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Well at least the good news is they won't be in Wyoming!
Ha, its a little selfish, but I was thinking the same thing Larry. I remember when they were in the Pinedale area a while back and causing problems.