The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By two_nymph_rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 09:31 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Back from the N. Platte

Just finished up a 3 day trip fishing the N. Platte. We were able to fish the mile, fremont canyon, and grey reef. Flows were very high at every location, but we were able to find enough fishable water to wade. We didn't end up catching anything huge, but caught plenty of good, quality, hard fighting fish. The mile was very slow, so we moved to the reef to fish the remaining 1.5 days. This was a good choice, as we caught numerous fish, without moving very far downstream from the dam. On a more serious note, be careful wading out there guys. On Monday afternoon, we found out that a fisherman had falling in at the mile and drown. We were maybe half a mile from where he fell in and had no clue that anything had even happened until we talked to one of the guys that pulled him out of the river later that afternoon. The guy was only 32. It really made the 4 of us think more carefully about where we were wading. Here are just a few of hundreds of pictures of the trip. Enjoy.
Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney, jpbfly, cochise and 2 others like this.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Back from the N. Platte

Sick! love that river. I am headed to the mile to look for Walleye in a couple of weeks. Great post!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice, looks like an awesome trip! Great to see you guys hook into so quality fish, congrats. I was looking on the North Platte Fly shop web site today and noted the flows have increased from 900 cfs to 2,600 cfs so it definitely makes a difference in wading. Sorry to hear about the fly fisherman that didn't survive.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:45 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Sweet! I bet the beard helped you catch fish. I particularly liked the fish with rubber lips the best. I met a new friend here in town the other day that was telling me about Freemont canyon and what great fishing it was. He proceeded to show me pictures of a 10ft wide creek with really big trouts. He told me he would take me there if I took him to chase some carp. DEAL!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great reportknew the mustachio gang....not the beard gang
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM

4peace1piece will become famous soon enough

Does anyone have a newspaper article link to the drowning death? I've been searching but haven't found one yet?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

River drowning - Rawlins Times: News