The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By dean_mt
  • 4 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 11:53 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default I feel a scaly throat coming on...

I'm pretty sure it'll just a 24 bug and I'll be fine on Friday...but I am going to have to stay home..er..not go to work tomorrow.

The end of the annual fiscal year is Sunday and I have still have a couple vacation days to burn. My wife is leaving early for an out-of-town work trip. It's been warm and rainy all week, but no noticeable bumps to the river flows. Tomorrow is said to be partly cloudy and 80*. With green drakes, PMDs, golden stones and caddis hatching I think I'll be calling it in tomorrow.

I feel a little guilty for the lie I will tell in the morning but not too bad, my friend that I do most of my work with and who is my immediate superior gave me the go ahead today.

I just had to get that off chest. I feel better already!
williamhj and ted4887 like this.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: I feel a scaly throat coming on...

you'll feel even better tomorrow
Old 06-27-2013, 12:42 AM

long bow will become famous soon enough

It's always better to be out fishing and not thinking about work than to be at work thinking about fishing.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Don't do it, 80 degrees and partly cloudy, bugs hatching like crazy, fish looking up, you will just get sun burned, probably catch a bunch of fish and in general just feel lousy and probably end up with a sore shoulder from all that casting and lifting those heavy trout.....when you could have been at work!

Have a good time!!!!!

Last edited by mcnerney; 06-27-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Feeling better dean_mt?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Feeling better dean_mt?
Well, I'm back at work today...but "better" is a subjective term!

I was going to give an update last night but I paid the price of spending a day walking through the tall grass with an allergy attack that took me out. This time of the year it's always a trade-off for me spending time outside, particularly the 5 foot tall grasses on the rivers edge...

Anyway, it was a lovely day on Rock Creek. I fished about a 1/2 mile stretch and didn't run into another soul, well not human. I realized just how lucky I was to have a friend with property on the river in that section - it's about a mile downstream and two miles upstream to the nearest public access points, and not many Rock Creek anglers (tourists) walk very far. Yeah, there are houses and people around, but yesterday I lucked out.

A high pressure system pushed down on us yesterday and the clouds where few and far between, but the fish still looked up. The Creek is flowing about 650 cfs, which is optimal wading conditions yet still high enough that you can't get everywhere - about mid July levels. The stonefly hatches are nuts, everything from very little Sallies to very large Goldens were on the water in the afternoon and a few aggressive fish responded. Drakes and a good number of PMDs where in the air as well. I landed a decent brown, a couple cuttbows - of which one was a pretty nice fish, and some small but bright rainbows.

Alright, back to work for me, I've got some catch-up to do!!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Congrats, sounds like a great day on the water, sorry to hear about the allergies, I have the same problem when the pine trees are pollenating.