The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountain Range (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/)
-   -   We made it! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/325012-we-made.html)

hawkeyeflyfisher 07-13-2013 03:16 PM

We made it!

Pulled into Bozeman around 4pm yesterday afternoon, getting all our stuff put away/checking out the area today! Gorgeous views, now the next week or so I'm going to get my fishing license and try to figure out where to go. Bozeman is a sweet little town my wife and I have driven past quite a few shops/bars n restaurants etc that we want to check out

cletus 07-13-2013 03:55 PM

Re: We made it!

Congrats on the move to "the last best place." We spent 4 great years there. Good luck and best fishes!

mcnerney 07-13-2013 04:11 PM

Congrats on finally getting into town, now the real fun begins with exploring all the great water in the area! Good luck!

Larry

al_a 07-14-2013 12:02 AM

Yep, you'll love it. We live part time at the edge of Livingston, and make the half hour drive to Bozeman at least once a week. It's one of the nicest towns I've ever been in. Been here for six or seven years and still haven't fished everything within an hour's drive, nor scratched the surface of all the hiking opportunities.

dhayden 07-15-2013 10:18 AM

Nice!

Some nice fishing out there right now.

Get your DL asap, to qualify for resident license it's supposed to be minimum of 6 months after that issue date

fredaevans 07-15-2013 01:00 PM

Good on you and yours! But I had to laugh out loud when I read this: "Bozeman is a sweet little town my wife and I have driven past quite a few shops/bars n restaurants etc that we want to check out."

Just Montana in general? Never been in a place in my life that had so many 'bars 'n restaurants' (not to mention a fly shop on every city block) in my life. It is a very different life style than here in Southern Oregon. :D

Probably a very good thing!:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Fred

al_a 07-17-2013 12:22 AM

Yep, there's something to be said for towns that have more fly shops than churches :)

tbum2020 07-17-2013 12:33 AM

Thats how the place got its name.... Booze+Fisherman= Bozeman

swampdonkey 07-17-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al_a (Post 573211)
Yep, there's something to be said for towns that have more fly shops than churches :)

I think it's a barometer of town quality. As awesome as Bozeman is the ratio in Craig, MT is probably unbeatable.

dhayden 07-17-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampdonkey (Post 573246)
I think it's a barometer of town quality. As awesome as Bozeman is the ratio in Craig, MT is probably unbeatable.

Craig has 3 fly shops for ~40 residents? hard to beat - lol

Bozeman has 6 (and you have to go outside the city limits for 3 of them) - for ~40,000