The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 03:16 PM

hawkeyeflyfisher is on a distinguished road
Default We made it!

Pulled into Bozeman around 4pm yesterday afternoon, getting all our stuff put away/checking out the area today! Gorgeous views, now the next week or so I'm going to get my fishing license and try to figure out where to go. Bozeman is a sweet little town my wife and I have driven past quite a few shops/bars n restaurants etc that we want to check out
Old 07-13-2013, 03:55 PM

cletus will become famous soon enoughcletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We made it!

Congrats on the move to "the last best place." We spent 4 great years there. Good luck and best fishes!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on finally getting into town, now the real fun begins with exploring all the great water in the area! Good luck!

Larry

Old 07-14-2013, 12:02 AM

al_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura about

Yep, you'll love it. We live part time at the edge of Livingston, and make the half hour drive to Bozeman at least once a week. It's one of the nicest towns I've ever been in. Been here for six or seven years and still haven't fished everything within an hour's drive, nor scratched the surface of all the hiking opportunities.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Nice!

Some nice fishing out there right now.

Get your DL asap, to qualify for resident license it's supposed to be minimum of 6 months after that issue date
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: We made it!

Good on you and yours! But I had to laugh out loud when I read this: "Bozeman is a sweet little town my wife and I have driven past quite a few shops/bars n restaurants etc that we want to check out."

Just Montana in general? Never been in a place in my life that had so many 'bars 'n restaurants' (not to mention a fly shop on every city block) in my life. It is a very different life style than here in Southern Oregon.

Probably a very good thing!

Fred
Old 07-17-2013, 12:22 AM

al_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura aboutal_a has a spectacular aura about

Yep, there's something to be said for towns that have more fly shops than churches
swampdonkey likes this.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 AM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

Thats how the place got its name.... Booze+Fisherman= Bozeman
jpbfly and fredaevans like this.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:31 AM

swampdonkey has a spectacular aura aboutswampdonkey has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_a View Post
Yep, there's something to be said for towns that have more fly shops than churches
I think it's a barometer of town quality. As awesome as Bozeman is the ratio in Craig, MT is probably unbeatable.
dhayden likes this.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
I think it's a barometer of town quality. As awesome as Bozeman is the ratio in Craig, MT is probably unbeatable.
Craig has 3 fly shops for ~40 residents? hard to beat - lol

Bozeman has 6 (and you have to go outside the city limits for 3 of them) - for ~40,000