The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: RMNP fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
I'm surprised - well maybe I'm not - at how crowded I read Colorado fishing is as I research. I've fished the Eagle but not many others. I'm moving to Colorado within the next few years and I fear I'll long for the solitude I find in the Midwest. Makes no sense, I would think with all the water in Colorado, I should be able to find more solitude than anywhere.
Pick up a copy of Steve Switzers Fly Fishing RMNP and you will have hours of reading on destinations of solitude. Honestly the crowds in Colordo drive me nuts, but walk a mile and you will have solitude.

Also subscribe to Josh Rickard on YouTube. Josh is a good guy and has been helpful to me the few times I reached out to him. Look up his site Rocky Mountain fly fisher.
chi flyfisher likes this.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:04 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Pick up a copy of Steve Switzers Fly Fishing RMNP and you will have hours of reading on destinations of solitude. Honestly the crowds in Colordo drive me nuts, but walk a mile and you will have solitude.

Also subscribe to Josh Rickard on YouTube. Josh is a good guy and has been helpful to me the few times I reached out to him. Look up his site Rocky Mountain fly fisher.
Thanks, Avs. Just bought the book. And if I can walk a mile to solitude I'll be a happy guy After all, I'm out there for some exercise too!

Cheers
Mike.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

Hey Chicago..........

Yes, there is some crowded fishing in Colorado, but for the most part, the vastness of the area dissipates the pressure. As I always recommend, bring your hiking boots. There is incredible solitude available for someone willing to make the investment of short walks around the fishing areas.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Just did the math..........according to the date of the OP, it's about time for a recent report.

So? You've been here for two weeks.........you've got a ton of scouting reports..........did you go fishing? What tha? Would love to hear (and see) a fishing report. Get back to me about this. Late