The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Yellowstone Nat'l Park - July 25-26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Thank you all for the replies!

And now the alternative balance to last week's highest-of-high's... this week I find myself in the mountains of southern Armenia for work. Life is crazy sometimes.
mountains??? mountains???

R U sure they're ain't trout in them mountains???

J/K hope you return safely
Old 07-31-2013, 09:40 AM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about

WOW! What a report. I loved it. It's super cool to be up their with your daughter, as you said "etched as a lifetime memory". Good for you guys. Fantastic.

I hope to fish there myself someday!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by countr21 View Post

mountains??? mountains???

R U sure they're ain't trout in them mountains???

J/K hope you return safely
Funny you should mention that... the valley approach to the jobsite was cut by a roaring stream and at lunchtime we were presented with a fresh serving of these...
Click the image to open in full size.

It was quite a spread actually... and the food just kept coming.

And of course, any time you are meeting with Clients in the Russia/C.I.S. countries... eventually you will have to make the choice - Cognac or Vodka?

I did return safely by the way... thank you for that

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 08-03-2013, 12:45 PM

utah kelly is on a distinguished road

Great post! No other place I would rather fish.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a great trip! Can't wait till my daughter is old enough to fish. I need to spend some time in the area, I'm so close yet don't get out there enough. Love the colors on those fish, healthy for sure.

The lack of rainbows is a good thing, and as far as I know it's a kill all non natives in the park this year. So any Lakers,brookies, rainbows, browns, should be harvested. Check the regs but I'm 90% sure.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

Wow

That spread for lunch looks like it would take a weekend to sleep off......or to hike three miles down the trail

Again, well done!!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:50 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

When I think about my daughter when she is a teenager (I've got a while still) I just hope and pray that she doesn't hate me, let alone that she will go fishing with me for a weekend! Congrats man, you've done well.
stenacron likes this.