The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 06:12 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default The Frying Pan & Roaring Fork Trip Report

So I'm finally getting around to posting this report from 2 weeks ago...better late than never right?!

I try to make it out to the mountains from the Midwest at least once a year, and having very close friends in Denver usually means that's where I am headed...

We got to the river as the sun was just beginning to cast shadows on the canyon walls of the upper Pan. My tour guide was really excited to show us the pigs that resided in the Toilet Bowl and I figured, what the heck knowing full well that it's one of them tourist traps that you have to try at least once! I fished it for about 5 minutes and didn't hook into anything and decided to go explore a bit down river.

I had a rough go at it for the first couple hours only turning heads and not hooking anything...oh well it was good to be out on new water that had a lot of potential. I knew it and decided to walk back up to the bowl and see what was happening with my buddy. There were 4 people fishing there and not one of them was catching anything...so it's not just me! Anyhow, with no fish to hand, I plop myself on a rock and watch, waiting for the evening hatch to start. By this time it's dusk and I look down to the flat water and see dimples, not a lot but at least there is finally some action. So I sneak down there quietly (I know I'm selfish) and watch closer...it's on and so is a PMD on my tippet. For the next 25 minutes I remember why I'm out here and why I fish...it was pure bliss with every 3rd cast producing a fish! It didn't stop there as the next day on the Pan and the following on the Fork were successful.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Frying Pan & Roaring Fork Trip Report

Hi Greg,

I for one am looking forward to the rest of the story. I understand the delayed posting of trips, my season won't be posted & blogged until things are over for the year.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-30-2013, 06:17 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default The Frying Pan & Roaring Fork Trip Report

Old 08-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on a great trip, awesome photos and fish! I love the Pan and Roaring Fork!

Larry

Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM

puravida is on a distinguished road

Oh the pics bring back memories. I remember those spots well on the Pan. If only I lived closer...I don't think I would do anything else but fish. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:47 PM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about

SWEEET! Dude nice report, and great pics. Well played.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:42 PM

kyle  brehm is on a distinguished road

Gosh, that first brown in the net looks happy to see you!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great reportBeautiful spots and fishthe three of you look like the three musketeers
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Great trip and report! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:52 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Great report it good to see some folks getting out together and enjoying trips like that.