The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By southwestangler
  • 2 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 02:53 PM

southwestangler is on a distinguished road
Default Bob marshall wilderness

Just made it back from a 6 day backpacking trip in the Bob Marshall wilderness.

Excellent fishing, scenery, and memories.....

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks,
Old 08-31-2013, 03:04 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bob marshall wilderness

Great place.

It's been almost 40 years since I was there.

It doesn't look like it's changed. That's a good thing.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

At least 30 (40?) since I was last there. Heavy back pack and my first Yellow Lab; Sheba had his own pack with dog food in the pouches. Hike up/down river, sleep on the beach (didn't need to set up the tent-good weather) and a beach fire for the one pan dinner. MRI's sort of things, just add water. "Sumores" were a great desert. Dog got his share, but without Choc. Cookie with a melted Marshmellow was his treat.

Cuddle with Doggie on my sleep mat and off to La-La land for hours.
mcnerney and rockriver like this.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:33 PM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

Awesome! The Bob is a place I've been wanting to get into for many years now. So jealous. Great looking cutts you got there.

The Bob is rumored to have lots of pack trains and outfitters. How was the condition of the trail? Osthoff says in his book that sometimes the pack trains can really mess up that trail. Horse packers are really known for screwing up the trails and campsites all over the Rockies. They've devastated a lot of trails and nice areas in the Winds and the Flat Tops.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:19 PM

southwestangler is on a distinguished road

This time of the year the pack trains are pretty much coming to an end. I have heard in the peak of summer the fishing/traffic pressure can be quite heavy.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:46 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

thanks for the input my friend
Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been in the Bob but it sure looks beautiful and those cutties sure are gorgeous! Congrats on an awesome trip!

Larry

Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 AM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

My God that's beautiful!

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

The Bob. Love it up there. Incredible. Great trip.