The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dhayden

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Hopper Time

I love Hopper time

Went out Sunday and Monday.. lots of willing Brown Trout
swampdonkey and jslo like this.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopper Time

Dave
Hard to beat fishing with hoppers when the fish are willing to eat. We fished hoppers here in Island Park, ID with some success. The river this time of year is just clogged with weeds, especially so in the afternoons, which makes fishing a little frustrating, hard to get any kind of presentation.

Larry

Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Love hopper time! Both times I was out last week I saw some hoppers in the grass but couldn't get fish to take them to save my life. I'll have to live vicariously through you
Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Thinking I might fish some hoppers down in the Secret Lake tonight. You got me thinking and that is always dangerous.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:52 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Dave
Hard to beat fishing with hoppers when the fish are willing to eat. We fished hoppers here in Island Park, ID with some success. The river this time of year is just clogged with weeds, especially so in the afternoons, which makes fishing a little frustrating, hard to get any kind of presentation.

Larry
It's funny thinking how often I drive through Island Park and never fish it.. I think I've fished there once.. that's some nice looking 'stealthy' water.. just never seem to allow the time for it

It's so fun to see the trout talking those hoppers with such abandon.. hoppers don't sit around long, tossing them right next to an undercut bank with some grass on it.. does it get any better?
Old 09-03-2013, 02:07 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
does it get any better?
I think it might, but can't really say how

Best I've run into was an afternoon on the Ruby below the reservoir. Hoppers were coming out of the hay fields like a plague of locusts and the browns were going nuts.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 AM

dwtalso will become famous soon enoughdwtalso will become famous soon enough

I was fishing the Rio San Antonio on the Valles Caldera just this last weekend and hoppers were the winner of the day. A couple of times I was dapping and before I got the bug on the water a fish leapt up and nabbed it. Too cool .
Old 09-04-2013, 10:12 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

my absolute favorite time of year! utah browns and cutteys are more than willing!!!!! Its nno Island park but still fun lol