The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:09 PM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough
Default Lewis and Harks Big Hole Trip

Hey Guys,

The two hacks (Paul and Dan) from back east are getting ready for another trip to Big Sky country. Although I have no(very few) regrets about last year’s trip, this years trip to the Big Hole should be better.

Clearly the best part of last year’s trip was meeting Dean_MT and fishing with him on his home waters of Missoula. Not only did we fish some nice water, but I got to meet a forum member that shared some precious water with us........you all may know the water as cutty creek, but I know the water as his.

Unfortunately, he did not have much time to fish with us during our stay and as a result, our trip was a complete failure and we blame him for last year’s poor fishing!

Sooooooooooooooo! This year, we are going allow him to redeem his reputation by meeting us on the Big Hole river in Melrose Montana in an attempt to set things right. This is “gunna be wicked good”.

PS>>>>>>I promise to do a better job taking/posting pictures and the fact that I stink as a fisherman can't be held against Dean_MT

Dan
fredaevans, dean_mt and mridenour like this.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lewis and Harks Big Hole Trip

Dan
Looking forward to your trip report! John will treat you guys right.

Larry

Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hey Dan, I didn't know last year was a complete failure. I quite enjoyed being driven to the river and drinking your beer! Not catching enough fish was a bummer. No guarantees in fishing, but I almost guarantee this year will be better. Almost only because of this darn drought and I don't k now what it will mean in October. Otherwise, October is always better than September and the BH is simply one of the best places, anywhere.

Can't wait to see you guys.
Hardyreels, mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you guys have a great trip. Your post's title, "Lewis and Harks" reminds me of a photo I have by Ron Schmidt of his dogs, "Lewie and Clark."

So Lewis and Harks, meet Lewie and Clark below.

Click the image to open in full size.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
Hope you guys have a great trip. Your post's title, "Lewis and Harks" reminds me of a photo I have by Ron Schmidt of his dogs, "Lewie and Clark."

So Lewis and Harks, meet Lewie and Clark below.

This gets my vote for 'Post of the Day.'

Fred
mcnerney and swampdonkey like this.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 AM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Lewis and Harks Big Hole Trip

Fresh sarcasm is awesome. I like humor.....it makes me laugh.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:31 AM

dharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the roughdharkin is a jewel in the rough

Hey John,

I was just kidding about the trip being a complete failure. More fish would have been nice but it was still a great time.
mcnerney and dean_mt like this.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Nice!

I lost some nippers last time I was there.. if you can pick them up and mail them.. I'd appreciate it.. lol
mridenour likes this.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharkin View Post
Hey John,

I was just kidding about the trip being a complete failure. More fish would have been nice but it was still a great time.
I know that Dan, I know. After all you got to meet me! And see a drag show!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
Nice!

I lost some nippers last time I was there.. if you can pick them up and mail them.. I'd appreciate it.. lol
Have you been there recently, Dave? I'd love to hear some first hand accounts of any recent fishing...but I guess recent means about 4 weeks ago for fishing the BH. On the plus side, those fish haven't seen many flies this year.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

I was there in July

Last year.. October.. they were still on the chubbies too (red and purple)

You going to float or wade? Going for Grayling too, or just Trout?