The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By yonder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default yellowstone report

My son and I got back home friday, after a week around Yellowstone Park. We flew into Jackson Hole from Charlotte and had a great view of the mostly cloudless Tetons!! We picked up the rental car and headed up through Idaho on the way to West Yellowstone. We stopped in Island Park to take in the "Railroad Ranch", and we had hoped to spend a few hours casting dries, but the weather turned to the worse, with rain, lightening, and strong winds. We were getting hungry, so on a great recommendation from Fysh, we stopped into the Mountain Market Deli, and met Brad and Dione. We ordered two sandwiches with Dione's homemade wasabi sauce and spent some time talking to Brad about the river. Do yourself a favor if you are in Island Park.......stop by the deli.....the sandwiches were HUGE, and delicious!!! The wasabi sauce was just right!! Thanks to Fysh for the tip!!

We had a fine week in the park with great weather.......here are a few pics...

This is my son with a nice rainbow, caught inside the park!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is my hero shot of a cuttie, caught just below the soda butte and lamar confluence....

We both caught a few of these.....

and these guys were hammering beetles and ants just below pebble creek!!

Here is my son above three dollar bridge.....

We had a fine week.....and we can't wait to return..........thanks for looking......Wes (alias Yonder) and son Dustin.........

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Last edited by yonder; 09-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yellowstone report

Can't beat a great day in the park! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yellowstone report

The Deli certainly makes some great sandwiches. When Pete and I were in Island Park we had pizza one night at the Buffalo Run RV park, definitely worth a stop. Congrats on the great fishing in the park, sorry you ran into such foul wx in Island Park.

Larry