The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 2 Post By comeonavs
  • 1 Post By torr8966

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 05:50 PM

jmhall87 is on a distinguished road
Default Colorado flooding.

Does anybody know if 11 mile canyon has been affected? I saw a clip on the news showing how bad the south platte is but they didn't say where on it. I would assume being a tailwater it should be ok.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colorado flooding.

It looks like it is flowing a bit over 100cfs so it should be fine.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:18 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Watching people getting air lifted out by 'choppers.' One film clip was a basket full of yellow lab Puppies.. Owner .. "They go first, I can walk out."

That was a Man I'd like to meet. He's 'four square by me.'
fyshstykr and waterfordcreek like this.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:47 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Watching people getting air lifted out by 'choppers.' One film clip was a basket full of yellow lab Puppies.. Owner .. "They go first, I can walk out."

That was a Man I'd like to meet. He's 'four square by me.'
Me too

First thing I did in the flood was make sure I got dog food. My four legged kids need to eat too.
fyshstykr and fredaevans like this.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I was interested in seeing what the Colorado streams were doing so I took a look at the USGS Stream Flow Data. The Big T is still at 4670 CFS (to put that into perspective the long term mean for this date is 29.0 CFS! The one that really stood out was the Middle South Platte at Fort Morgan, CO it is flowing at 25,500 CFS (the mean is 294 CFS), that is a lot of water flowing and a lot of flooding going on!
USGS Current Conditions for Colorado_ Streamflow

Larry

Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

We are having some flooding here out on the plains on Nebraska now as the flood waters from the South Platte get to us. The damage is devastating in towns that the South Platte runs through.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
We are having some flooding here out on the plains on Nebraska now as the flood waters from the South Platte get to us. The damage is devastating in towns that the South Platte runs through.

Chase: When I saw that flow report for the South Platte I figured it was only going to get worse for the folks that live out in Nebraska on the river.

Larry

Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM

torr8966 is on a distinguished road

11 mile should be fine! All the flooding has occurred mainly north of Denver! Unfortunately my community and home waters are in the flood plain! It's unbelievable it will take years to recover!!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Fished both 11 Mile Canyon and the Dream Stream this week and they are good to go. One thing to mention about the Dream Stream is a new in stream restoration project going on. On Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM until 3:30 PM they are working with heavy machinery in the river. From the barns down the water is like chocolate milk. Above the project area is goo to go though.

Randy