The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountain Range (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/)
-   -   I can see clearly now the rain is gone... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/rocky-mountain-range/332016-i-can-see-clearly-now-rain-gone.html)

racine 09-20-2013 05:11 PM

I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

I can see all obstacles in my way...
Gents, after nearly 10 years in Purgatory, I've finally been offered a position in Grand Junction, CO. I'm ready to leave the south, it's heat, it's muddy water and the blues for some thinner, drier, and cleaner air and trout fishing that isn't 7 hours away(Arkansas' White and Norfork). I haven't fished anything in the Junction but areas around it in Gunnison, Aspen, Eagle Valley and Tahellyaride. I cannot wait!
New challenges abound but I'll be closer to family and friends and my beloved state of mind...

wannafish 09-20-2013 05:39 PM

Re: I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

Is Purgatory a real place? :surprise:

racine 09-20-2013 05:46 PM

It's a state of mind for me working and living in SW Mississippi, on the blues trail for this high country drifter. I believe there was an older ski resort in Colorado named Purgatory. In the Catholic vernacular it's a limbo a lost soul is in until he/she either goes to hell or...

cochise 09-20-2013 06:00 PM

I live in Grand Junction. Its a great place to live. Incredible fishing is near.

fredaevans 09-20-2013 07:16 PM

Per the weather forecast .... sky has gone from a light blue to 'This is not going to be good.' When all this unloads, its going to get damned wet around here in Southern Oregon.

Mini "Spey 'Clave" tomorrow morning and that could turn out to be 'Winter in Washington State.' (Won't be cold, so that's a good thing.) 11 year old Lab will walk out the front door tomorrow morning and go 'Hurmmph' and turn back into the house or we go to Tou Velle Park for a bit if he walks to the back end of the Jeep.

Had to go to "Big R" this afternoon to get Sandy some 'Dog treats' and a bag of food. Why do they make those damned big bags out of material that's so slippery?

'Younger fellow" (50?) helps me with my cart as my hands are just not capable of picking up the bag. Open up the back and there's a very large fuzz-face.

"May I pet him?" Two spent close to 10 minutes in a 'cuddle.' Somewhere in his life he had 'An old Dog.'

fae

countr21 09-21-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannafish (Post 593964)
Is Purgatory a real place? :surprise:

Yeah, the OP kinda confused me too. Purgatory is a real place.....in southern Colorado. It's a ski area just north of Durango, and I know people that work the slopes that say they live in "Purgatory." When the OP said they're leaving the south for Grand Junction, I immediately thought they wanted to leave southern Colorado. But then the mention of heat and muddy waters steered me straight.

To Racine.....hope you plan on staying in CO. I moved here (albeit through New Mexico for three years) from Atlanta in 1992 and have yet to leave.

cab 09-21-2013 04:27 PM

Moved to Colorado Springs from Santa Fe for the money 13 years ago for the money. Funny, I don't leave the state even on vacation anymore. Sporting opportunities abound over on the 'slope, enjoy!

CAB

yonder 09-21-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racine (Post 593959)
I can see all obstacles in my way...
Gents, after nearly 10 years in Purgatory, I've finally been offered a position in Grand Junction, CO. I'm ready to leave the south, it's heat, it's muddy water and the blues for some thinner, drier, and cleaner air and trout fishing that isn't 7 hours away(Arkansas' White and Norfork). I haven't fished anything in the Junction but areas around it in Gunnison, Aspen, Eagle Valley and Tahellyaride. I cannot wait!
New challenges abound but I'll be closer to family and friends and my beloved state of mind...

Be sure to get a house with lots of "sleeping bag" space.........for all of your "forum friends!!!!!!"................:D:D:D:D:eek::eek:;) ;);)