The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By racine
  • 1 Post By cochise
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By yonder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Smile I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

I can see all obstacles in my way...
Gents, after nearly 10 years in Purgatory, I've finally been offered a position in Grand Junction, CO. I'm ready to leave the south, it's heat, it's muddy water and the blues for some thinner, drier, and cleaner air and trout fishing that isn't 7 hours away(Arkansas' White and Norfork). I haven't fished anything in the Junction but areas around it in Gunnison, Aspen, Eagle Valley and Tahellyaride. I cannot wait!
New challenges abound but I'll be closer to family and friends and my beloved state of mind...
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

Is Purgatory a real place?
Old 09-20-2013, 05:46 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

It's a state of mind for me working and living in SW Mississippi, on the blues trail for this high country drifter. I believe there was an older ski resort in Colorado named Purgatory. In the Catholic vernacular it's a limbo a lost soul is in until he/she either goes to hell or...
Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I live in Grand Junction. Its a great place to live. Incredible fishing is near.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:16 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Per the weather forecast .... sky has gone from a light blue to 'This is not going to be good.' When all this unloads, its going to get damned wet around here in Southern Oregon.

Mini "Spey 'Clave" tomorrow morning and that could turn out to be 'Winter in Washington State.' (Won't be cold, so that's a good thing.) 11 year old Lab will walk out the front door tomorrow morning and go 'Hurmmph' and turn back into the house or we go to Tou Velle Park for a bit if he walks to the back end of the Jeep.

Had to go to "Big R" this afternoon to get Sandy some 'Dog treats' and a bag of food. Why do they make those damned big bags out of material that's so slippery?

'Younger fellow" (50?) helps me with my cart as my hands are just not capable of picking up the bag. Open up the back and there's a very large fuzz-face.

"May I pet him?" Two spent close to 10 minutes in a 'cuddle.' Somewhere in his life he had 'An old Dog.'

fae
mcnerney and yonder like this.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:10 PM

countr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
Is Purgatory a real place?
Yeah, the OP kinda confused me too. Purgatory is a real place.....in southern Colorado. It's a ski area just north of Durango, and I know people that work the slopes that say they live in "Purgatory." When the OP said they're leaving the south for Grand Junction, I immediately thought they wanted to leave southern Colorado. But then the mention of heat and muddy waters steered me straight.

To Racine.....hope you plan on staying in CO. I moved here (albeit through New Mexico for three years) from Atlanta in 1992 and have yet to leave.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

Moved to Colorado Springs from Santa Fe for the money 13 years ago for the money. Funny, I don't leave the state even on vacation anymore. Sporting opportunities abound over on the 'slope, enjoy!

CAB
Old 09-21-2013, 05:18 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by racine View Post
I can see all obstacles in my way...
Gents, after nearly 10 years in Purgatory, I've finally been offered a position in Grand Junction, CO. I'm ready to leave the south, it's heat, it's muddy water and the blues for some thinner, drier, and cleaner air and trout fishing that isn't 7 hours away(Arkansas' White and Norfork). I haven't fished anything in the Junction but areas around it in Gunnison, Aspen, Eagle Valley and Tahellyaride. I cannot wait!
New challenges abound but I'll be closer to family and friends and my beloved state of mind...
Be sure to get a house with lots of "sleeping bag" space.........for all of your "forum friends!!!!!!"................
wannafish likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton