The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default How are the road around the mile?

Just curious to hear from anyone who has experienced the roads around the mile in the fall, or while wet. I was planning on coming in from the east, but I am concerned that if there is any moisture at all, then that road will turn into a muddy mess. I am just driving a Subaru impreza. The last thing I want to do is get stuck out in the middle of nowhere. How about the road coming in from Sinclair? Is that more of an improved road than the one from the east? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM

pho_phizzat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How are the road around the mile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
Just curious to hear from anyone who has experienced the roads around the mile in the fall, or while wet. I was planning on coming in from the east, but I am concerned that if there is any moisture at all, then that road will turn into a muddy mess. I am just driving a Subaru impreza. The last thing I want to do is get stuck out in the middle of nowhere. How about the road coming in from Sinclair? Is that more of an improved road than the one from the east? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I drove in on the alcova side on Saturday. No problems it was a bit soupy but with the wind it was dry on the way out. There were quite a few smaller SUV's and a Subaru in the so I wouldn't worry unless it is drifted over.

Did you end up fishing in Casper sunday?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't even take the stick. Fifty mile an hour winds and the river looked like chocolate milk
Old 10-02-2013, 04:23 PM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about

Thats a drag
Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 PM

jmac321 will become famous soon enough

The road to the mile will be a big mess after last nights snow storm. With wind blow drifts, then muddy mess when it melts. 4 wheel drive and a winch front and back, you might make it to the mile.