The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 12:05 AM

long bow will become famous soon enough
Default Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

Had a back up rod break on me this weekend (during mid cast of all times). Has this happened to anyone who could explain that to me? I'm stumped. Also, anyone know how quickly Orivs gets their rods back out of the repair shop?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:08 AM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Orvis Warranty/Turn Around Time?

YES...Had it happen one time. It was not an Orvis though.

I probably nicked the blank up somewhere along the line.

Not sure what the time frames will be.

Last edited by waterfordcreek; 10-01-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM

long bow will become famous soon enough

WFC,

thanks, this is the reason why I try to have as many rods as possible
Old 10-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Where did it break? Sometimes the break location helps to further the accuracy of the guess about why it broke.

Ard
fredaevans likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-01-2013, 05:04 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Where did it break? Sometimes the break location helps to further the accuracy of the guess about why it broke.

Ard
An 'add on' to Ard's question: Is the break a 'shatter' or a fairly clean circle?

Fred
Old 10-01-2013, 04:22 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by long bow View Post
Had a back up rod break on me this weekend (during mid cast of all times). Has this happened to anyone who could explain that to me? I'm stumped. Also, anyone know how quickly Orivs gets their rods back out of the repair shop?
6-8 weeks.

I called at 8 weeks and they ended up sending me a new rod since I had already waited 8 weeks and they were still waiting on parts to fix my rod.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, 6 to 8 weeks. Broke my Helios....7 weeks to get it back.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 AM

dwtalso will become famous soon enoughdwtalso will become famous soon enough

I broke the tip on my SFT twice and both times I shipped it to Orvis for repair it took around 3 or 4 weeks, including shipping time to them, before I had the rod back. They replaced the tip section both times and I shipped it to them via whatever 5-ish day ground UPS had that was the least expensive.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtalso View Post
I broke the tip on my SFT twice and both times I shipped it to Orvis for repair it took around 3 or 4 weeks, including shipping time to them, before I had the rod back. They replaced the tip section both times and I shipped it to them via whatever 5-ish day ground UPS had that was the least expensive.
I don't know when thee last time you sent the rod in, as I broke a rod about 5 years ago and the same 3 to 4 weeks, but last year I broke the Zero and again, 6 weeks. A client broke the T3 again 6 weeks. It has got longer even in the winter months.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:02 PM

dwtalso will become famous soon enoughdwtalso will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I don't know when thee last time you sent the rod in, as I broke a rod about 5 years ago and the same 3 to 4 weeks, but last year I broke the Zero and again, 6 weeks. A client broke the T3 again 6 weeks. It has got longer even in the winter months.
First time was September last year (2012), the following was November last year. But I realized after sending my post that they just had to replace a tip section. That might fall into a faster service loop than other kinds of repairs.