The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 12:05 PM

funkeeetrout is on a distinguished road
Default Last minute trip to Fontenelle, Wy

Fellow Flyfishing be therein,

I'm at the airport in Phx right now, catching a last minute flight to SLC. My 5 day trip to Lees ferry had a curve ball thrown at it with the gov shutdown yesterday, so I had to come up With a plan B

I have a friend in Park City area that is taking pity on me and we are going to fish the southern Unitas and work our way up to the Green below Fontenelle.

We've fished the Green below FGR quite a bit, but never above. Any current info, tips or suggested areas to fish/camp would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tight lines

-drew
Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 AM

lightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the roughlightline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Last minute trip to Fontenelle, Wy

Its blowing rain and snow sideways this morning. River below Flaming Gorge fished ok yesterday with BWO's. Nymphers were hooked up all day. Green below Fontenelle will fish good when wind is down. Streamers all day. Nymphs in riffles and heads of pools. Dries during brief periods of calm with bwo's and midges.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 PM

funkeeetrout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Last minute trip to Fontenelle, Wy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightline View Post
Its blowing rain and snow sideways this morning. River below Flaming Gorge fished ok yesterday with BWO's. Nymphers were hooked up all day. Green below Fontenelle will fish good when wind is down. Streamers all day. Nymphs in riffles and heads of pools. Dries during brief periods of calm with bwo's and midges.
Thanks - your advice was spot on for Fontenelle. Great river, great fish. Can't wait to hit it again when my teeth aren't chattering!