The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone fishing the N. Platte lately?

Just curious if anyone has been fishing the Platte lately? Thinking about heading up there in December sometime.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone fishing the N. Platte lately?

I haven't been over there since the October blizzard, but with the great fishing we encountered, I would go back if the wx allows getting over South Pass. Give me a shout when it gets closer to Dec.

Larry

Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 AM

cimarron has a spectacular aura aboutcimarron has a spectacular aura about

My son lives in Rawlins and fishes the Platte north of Sinclair up toward the Miracle mile.
He had been sending pics of his catches around 22" through October, but last weekend he was without fish. May have been just one of those days. They've had three snows through October but the days have been fairly nice.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

Last time I went to the Mile, I took the road North out of Sinclair. I saw there were some public access points before you started climbing the mountains, but have never heard anything about them. Anything more you can tell me about those points cimarron?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 AM

pho_phizzat is on a distinguished road

Fished the reef yesterday. Floated from the dam to ludsby. Water is clearing up nicely. Some of the guide reports are showing pics of 24"+ browns coming up from the lower river. Biggest we caught was around 21 yesterday.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 AM

cimarron has a spectacular aura aboutcimarron has a spectacular aura about

SdDryFly - Can't tell you much about the Public access points. I do remember the first one you come to always had several campers parked in it. We always pulled off the road when we saw a likely spot to fish. Plenty of those. I fished the river last December when the temp was 17F and mostly frozen(me included)! I'd think McNerny could give you more info than I can.