The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 07:27 AM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Front Range Bear Creek/LOB

Has anyone fished this since the park was reopened?

Let me expand... This has been my home stream for 2 1/2 decades. Lair O' the Bear has been my base. My wife and I were married there, my Dad's ashes are in there with the wild trout. This fall we decided that Colorado had changed too much for us, none for the better, and the wildfires were way too close. We sold our house in the mountains, put everything (almost) we own in a storage container, and set off to find free America again. While this was going on the floods came and tore up Bear Creek, along with everything else. I was able to hike in while the park was closed, and it was pretty hammered. It was scoured, the course of the stream was changed, etc. I read that the park was reopened last week, the flows are down around 40. I'm hoping that it's not as bad as it looked, and would appreciate hearing from any of the regulars that have fished Bear Creek. Thanks.

Last edited by nickj; 11-18-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Front Range Bear Creek/LOB

No one? It must be worse than I thought..
Old 11-18-2013, 07:42 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't fished it since the flood, went up one time but the parks were still closed and I went for greener pastures. Have heard it is a different river and we'll have to relearn it. Do hear about folks catching fish, but didn't see any official reports from the shops I checked today.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:52 AM

Thanks for that. Waiting for the next Evergreen TU newsletter.