The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 10:38 AM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about
Default Avon, Colorado

Hello fellow fly anglers- I'm headed up to the Beaver Creek area for the week and am thinking of bringing my fly gear. Any tips or steers to avoid wasting time? I may only have a few windows of opportunity. I know the Eagle River runs right through Avon…just never fished it before.

Thanks for any advice.

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:08 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Avon, Colorado

Just my $.02 but call some of the shops up there. The Eagle might very well be frozen solid by the time you get there.

The Blue is open year round. You might find that below the reservoir through town is combat fishing if you go at the wrong time. Winter it is usually not as crowded but can be. If you can get some open water downstream of the outlet malls the crowds tend to thin out down there, but the fish are still nice.

Most guys congregate right under the dam of Dillon Reservoir in hopes of landing one of the many 20"+ rainbows sitting there eating mysis shrimp.

Might also be worth it to see if the Colorado River at the Pumphouse recreation area is open too.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM

jslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura aboutjslo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Avon, Colorado

Thanks Comeonavs! I did talk to one shop, and they said the river is fishing great right in Edwards and at the bridge in Avon. High's this week are 45...so- I will probably get to a shop there ans check in the local scoop

Cheers and tight lines