The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 11:20 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wyoming Spring Fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbugger View Post
Nice fish.
S.W. Montana's been fishing well also of late.

It's snowing like crazy right now and has been most of the day. It must be dumping in the mountains.
It's supposed to stay relatively cool again all week. I don't think there's any question it's going to be a long runoff this year.
We would need a long, really warm and consistently dry period for that not to happen which would be a complete reversal of the weather trends for the last few months.
April's usually a wet month as well. There's a good chance for some real flooding when things do finally start to seriously melt.
I'm scared really.... hope the lakes melt fast enough to meet the heavy runoff. Spring could be some serious fishing though, flows can come up slower in May/June before a full runoff. Makes for some great fishing in my parts.

That's it next time I dive to UT I'm taking a day too fish with you Larry lol nice fish, congrats you two, looks like a great day on the water.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:48 AM

baggage is on a distinguished road

Love the Burrito's at the Daniel store.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!Another great outing Larryyour wooly hat is NOT regulation
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay Larry, enough is enough and this has gotta stop!!! Unless I am there I forbid you to have so much fun and catch so many nice fish without me...really, I insist!

Kelly.
mcnerney and shortyb like this.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:34 PM

harken is on a distinguished road

Nice fish! you should submit some of these photos to this spring fishing photo competition.

https://www.facebook.com/CheekyFlyFi...380964/?type=1
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:58 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Larry
I wish we had a place locally to catch Brookies like The ones you recently Posted.
Overall it's been terrible so far even although The days have been Nice The Nights have been Cool to Cold in our Terms as we have just come out of Summer.
Earlier this year The Beetle Hatch was a Fizzer compared to other years.
Lately The Dragon Fly Nymphs have been around on occasions & The fish haven't because The Power Station Has been Drawing Water from The Lake & Pumping trying to Keep The Water Levels up however They are Fighting a loosing Battle & The Larger Fish are all near The Inlet feeding on all The Nutrients as well as The Crayfish.
Overall I've still caught some nice Fish however my count is way below that of The Previous 2-3 years.
Now I can only look forward to The Spring & hopefully it will be a better Season.
I hope you keep Landing them.
Cheers.
Brian
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM

buffler razz will become famous soon enough

Great post and fish! My wife is heading to Jackson in 2 weeks to visit our sons. There was a time when spring break meant a trip to the beach, now shes taking her fly rod, its killing me.
mcnerney likes this.

Razz
Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffler razz View Post
Great post and fish! My wife is heading to Jackson in 2 weeks to visit our sons. There was a time when spring break meant a trip to the beach, now shes taking her fly rod, its killing me.
Now that just isn't fair!

Larry
buffler razz likes this.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:14 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Looks like a great outing for sure.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 PM

pho_phizzat is on a distinguished road

Nice work Larry!

Glad you guys had fun!
mcnerney likes this.