Dream Stream Motel?

Red Owl

Reaction score
I'm planning my first trip to Colorado and want to spend a day on the dream stream (S. Platte) and maybe up around Deckers. I can drive back to Denver but I was wondering if there are any small overnight cabins or fisherman type motels in the immediate area?:cool:

4peace1piece

Reaction score
RedOwl, I always recommend the VRBO website, but last year I rented a cabin from Colorado Mountain Cabins who's office is in Woodland Park, but the cabin we stayed at was just a little south of Florissant which is kind of in between the Dream Steam and the road to Deckers. Seemed very cheap for the accommodations, so I would bet their other cabins in the area are similar.

Red Owl

Reaction score
Well for a single guy the bunk house is more appropriate, I'll probably opt for that. Originally I was going to camp but putting up a tent, etc. all takes time in which I could be fishing.
A few years ago I tried real hard to get a group together. Four curmudgeons. Four guys splitting costs- you could do all sorts of stuff but no one could agree on anything. :eek:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
A few years ago I tried real hard to get a group together. Four curmudgeons. Four guys splitting costs- you could do all sorts of stuff but no one could agree on anything.
I hear you there, it takes the right mix of people to pull that off. Last year I did a 3 day fly fishing trip to the North Platte with Chase (chased) and his friend Rod, but we had floated together on the Bighorn in the summer and had a great time together. The North Platte trip was the first week in Nov, a blizzard come through but luckily we where sharing the cost of a cabin instead of camping. Despite wind gusts into the 50-60 mph range and about 12 inches of snow we only lost a half day of fishing and had a great time fishing together.

Larry