Saratoga Wyoming info needed.

baggage

Reaction score
Gentlemen- Anyone familiar with Saratoga Wyoming? Can anyone recommend a guide for fishing the Upper North Platte? Lodging? Is Hack's the only Fly Shop in town? Thanks. PM'S ok.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
There was also Stoney Creek Outfitters, but they closed the shop, but still do guided trips Stoney Creek Outfitters - Home

Personally, I like to use Four Seasons Anglers out of Laramie when I use a guide on the upper North Platte, ask for John:
Wyoming Fly Fishing Guides, North Platte Fly Fishing Vacations, Gray Reef Trout Guides

I have never stayed at the Wolf, but always wanted to, great place for dinner or if you don't have reservations eat in the bar:
Historic Wolf Hotel & Restaurant - Welcome

If you like Italian, then this is also a great place for a meal.
Bellas Bistro- Saratoga, Wyoming - Home

I stayed overnight at the Hot Springs once, it was ok but seemed a little pricey if I recall correctly, but a soak in the hot pool after a long day was nice.
Saratoga Resort and Spa - Wyoming Resort, Microbrewery, Hot Springs, Golf Course, Snowmobiling

cimarron

Reaction score
Been there several times with son. Hack's is a good place to start. He's got a nice little shop, well stocked, and he provides guide service. Son lives in Rawlins and fishes the N Platte every week-end. He says the river is coming down now and fishing is improving. Will be there in a few weeks, can't wait! You didn't say when you were going to be there but you might try calling Gavin at the Rawlins Daily Times. Maybe you could hook up somewhere and he could show around. He fishes north of Sinclair toward Miracle Mile. Good luck, Glen

cgrphoto

Reaction score
Too bad the old GRMO (Stoney Creek) guys shut down the shop. Shilo used to rent out a house in Encampment that I've stayed at a few times. Might be worth a call. Closer to Hog Park!

dryfly307

Reaction score
A buddy of mine that has worked in Saratoga heard from his connections that there will be a big salmonfly or stonefly (can't remember which) hatch coming within the next few weeks on the Upper North Platte! I would call and ask some shops in the area for some details...I bet it would be a great time to go, especially since the river may just be getting back to normal.