The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By lacanadio
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By waycool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014, 08:34 PM

lacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of lightlacanadio is a glorious beacon of light
Default San Juan 9/19-20

This trip was frustrating in that I was getting schooled by fish. They teach, but you have to pay attention. Not one of my strong points, I'm afraid. That said, I think we had quality over quantity. We were fishing the rock ledge at Munoz. It was hot both days, real nice weather.

I took pics of the best fish. Lots of browns, as you can see. Producing patterns were chocolate foam-wings, zebra midges, chamois worms. Although fish were eating midges on top, I only had one dry success with a 26 parachute adams. Couldn't get 'em to eat dry midge patterns to save my life.

Joanne's happy with this one...
Click the image to open in full size.

A few I picked up. Best fish of the trip is the third pic. I had one at least as large---got a real good look at it---on for what seemed like forever and then it LDR'ed.

the flotilla Saturday afternoon...

Lots of (well, some) risers...
Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Juan 9/19-20

Looks like a great day on the water, congrats! The last time I fished the San Juan I counted 13 drift boats going around in a circle at the Texas Hole.
waycool likes this.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 PM

waycool has a spectacular aura aboutwaycool has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: San Juan 9/19-20

Great Photos and thanks for sharing !!!

Love that place.. one of the few places I just don't care if there are 10 boats around... there just so many fish.. now.. if the park on a pod of rising fish. I'm working. there may be words...

Funny thing when I was there over labor day.. I figured most of the rising fish were on midges which is pretty common... I caught some on that way.. but they REALLY wanted a baetis nymph .. who knows.. some days its like a total mystery ....

Should be getting time for some steamers . unfortunately I probably wont make it there til November sometime... Apparently I'll be steelheading in WA in Oct should be interesting...

Really appreciate the photos living through your experience
h2ofishfloatski likes this.