The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wyoming Float Trip

Yesterday I did a float trip with Fysh, his wife Pam, Clint, Josh and Gabe. We met at the launch just after 7 am, Josh and Gabe being a little late. The weather looked great despite a huge thunderstorm just to the north of us that had been kicking off a huge light show just before daylight, I got my boat launched and preped for the trip down river and as I was walking in the tall grass next to the river the bugs were everywhere, even spotted a few green hoppers moving about so I'm thinking this might be a good hopper trip. Clint arrives next followed shortly by Fysh and Pam. Pam loans me a radio so we can communicate between the two boats, which turned out to be kind of fun as this section of the river has some huge islands and we got separated pretty good as we floated the river. As Fysh launches we note a couple risers in the water. Josh and Gabe arrive shortley and he get on the water. We soon learn that today wasn't goint to be a hopper day, despite what we saw earlier we didn't see much bug activity on the water and only one other fish rise the whole day, so out came the nymph and streamer rods. Fishing was slow but despite the thunderstorms around us we had mostly sunny wx the whole day. Both Josh and Gabe had a few chances at some really nice sized fish that were camera shy and did LDR's. Overall it was a good day on the water and a lot of fun fishing again we folks from the forum.
Gabe drinking a soda along the river:
Click the image to open in full size.

This moose found a good way to beat the heat:

My little brown:

Gabe's rainbow:

Gabe with another nice bow:
Old 08-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wyoming Float Trip

You guys have some fat fish in Wy. Beautiful.
That moose had his eye on you guys.
Fun report Larry. Thank you for showing your trip.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Awwwww ... that moose is just a little guy! He was probably as curious about you as you were him!

Where were you? OK ... I know "Wyoming" but that's a pretty big state!!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Sure great to fish with friends Larrythanks for the report... looks like it was rather hot...why didn't you have a good bath with the moose
Old 08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

It was a tough day of fishing to say the least, but yes, it was nice to spend a day on the water with some good people. I only wish the wind would have blown harder. lol!

That Moose was just chillin' and didn't seem to have a care in the world. Every time we float the refuge we see interesting critterz. Last trip we saw the elusive Bobcat with that wascally wabbit in his mouth, yesterday the bull moose.....and oh yea the racoon family feeding on crayfish in the shallow riff's. They didn't let us get close enough for pics before they scurried off in the bush.
Speaking of crayfish, Clint took some cool close-up pics of a large one in our boat net, hopefully he will post them today.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the report. I am glad you guys are enjoying this river.

Frank
Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the report. I am glad you guys are enjoying this river.

Frank
Frank: Thanks, we certainly had a good time on the water despite the fish being a bit shy!

Jimmie: You got that right, Wyoming has some really healthy fish!

Larry
Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

It was a great trip despite the lack of fish. It is always a blast getting out with you guys and we're still talking about how much fun we had. I'll post my report and pics when I get my camera back, I accidentally left my fishing pack and camera bag in Larry's truck
Old 08-09-2010, 01:48 PM

kinger will become famous soon enoughkinger will become famous soon enough

I had a great time, just wish the fish were a little more active. It's always fun to get out with friends. Larry was nice enough to even feed us lunch. He makes a killer ham sandwich. Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Heck Josh, that was only half a pig between those itty bitty pieces of bread. lol!
If you will send me your phone number in a p.m. I'll have the guy I know in your area contact you about your lawn needs.

Thanks again for the smokin' deal on the pack.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*