Had a great day on the Big Lost River in Idaho

wjl

Reaction score
That gets one going on a Tuesday am. :frogdance
No reading just great pictures

delerium89

Reaction score
What were some of the highlights of the day?

B.E.F.
I went upstream further than I had ever gone and discovered an amazing part of the river. It seriously has some of the best runs, pools and pocket water I've ever seen. Not to mention the scenery in that section; the river runs right at the base of these gorgeous cliffs, and you find yourself surrounded by alot more trees. It's very majestic and feels more like a backcountry fishing spot than anywhere else on the river. Sorry there are only pictures of fish. I will take more pics of the scenery next time I go and will post a better album

It was also the first day of the season with amazing dry fly action. The bwo's seemed to be hatching non stop

GrtLksMarlin

Reaction score
I went upstream further than I had ever gone and discovered an amazing part of the river. It seriously has some of the best runs, pools and pocket water I've ever seen. Not to mention the scenery in that section; the river runs right at the base of these gorgeous cliffs, and you find yourself surrounded by alot more trees. It's very majestic and feels more like a backcountry fishing spot than anywhere else on the river. Sorry there are only pictures of fish. I will take more pics of the scenery next time I go and will post a better album
It was also the first day of the season with amazing dry fly action. The bwo's seemed to be hatching non stop
Thanks for sharing a little bit more about your trip!

B.E.F.

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
Great pics. The big lost is a special place for sure... Getting me excited about my next trip that way... Its about a 5 hour drive for me, so I do not do it all that often.

Thanks for sharing.

delerium89

Reaction score
Nice fish....pity there are no scenery pics....I would love to know what the Big Lost River looks like:rolleyes:....the name makes me dream:)
yea sorry, I'm gonna get more scenery pictures next time I go up which should be sometime with the next couple weeks

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Great pics. The big lost is a special place for sure... Getting me excited about my next trip that way... Its about a 5 hour drive for me, so I do not do it all that often.

Thanks for sharing.
Yea I love the Big Lost, its my favorite river actually. I'm only about 1.5 hours away so I usually go once a week if I can.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Cool read going on here; never heard of the river so gave it a Google. Woozer! I can see where the name comes from .... it just disappears!

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lost_River"]Big Lost River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The other one like this is the 'Little Lost River' that flows into the same 'sink soil.'

delerium89

Reaction score
Cool read going on here; never heard of the river so gave it a Google. Woozer! I can see where the name comes from .... it just disappears!

Big Lost River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other one like this is the 'Little Lost River' that flows into the same 'sink soil.'
Yea it's pretty interesting. The drive up there there are several times you cross the river and its just a dry bed. Whenever I bring a friend up with me who's never fished the river before I like to joke around and tell em that's where we're fishing.