The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default December Flies

So in the works is a trip for me to head out to colorado mid december over winter break to see some friends and do some snow skiing. Which mountain and where we are going to be skiing has yet to be determined, and because of this I want to know if there are any fishable streams around some of the skiing destinations. I've seen people fishing a creek that ran right through Breckenridge, are there any other little creeks like that around the resorts that hold fish. I"m not really looking to travel, just some time to go down after a day on the mountain and fish a little before dinner.

Also what are some good flies for winter colorado trout and what sizes. I'm assuming small but how small are we talking.

Any and all help is appreciated!