The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: An Epic Journey to the Heart of Paradise

Hi Yat,

Thanks for sharing your trip. Some of my best memories are backpacking the high Sierras. Definitely a young mans game.

Frank
Old 09-14-2010, 11:45 PM

fly_fishing is on a distinguished road

The coloration on those trout are incredible Ė great photos. Congratulations!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yat: That was a great writeup on your trip into Arrowhead Lake in the latest addition of American Angler. Congrats on a very difficult hike and great adventure!

Larry

Old 12-30-2010, 06:11 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Thanks Larry. That article was written by Jon, one of the group. I thought he did a great job too.
That trip is in the top five trips of my life.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Thanks Larry. That article was written by Jon, one of the group. I thought he did a great job too.
That trip is in the top five trips of my life.
And as it should be "A Trip of a Lifetime"! If I were younger I would make a trip up there it countryside looks awesome.

Larry

Old 01-15-2011, 01:55 AM

trout333 is on a distinguished road

That does look like a tough trip. I've done day trips to some of the high lakes in the Snowy Range in Wyoming. Amazing countryside. There is good fishing, but we didn't do anywhere near as good as those beautiful trout
Old 01-15-2011, 08:18 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Yat: That was a great writeup on your trip into Arrowhead Lake in the latest addition of American Angler. Congrats on a very difficult hike and great adventure!

Larry
Here is a link to the article Jon wrote on our trip. This was his first ever article. He did a great job.
American Angler January / February 2011

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 01-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Here is a link to the article Jon wrote on our trip. This was his first ever article. He did a great job.
American Angler January / February 2011
Yat: I sure hope Jon continues to write about fishing articles, he is a natural at it (very enjoyable to read his work).

Larry

Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Yat: I sure hope Jon continues to write about fishing articles, he is a natural at it (very enjoyable to read his work).

Larry
Well Larry, you're in luck. A group of us, including Jon, are planning a trip to a "to remain secret" location in search of the enigmatic Golden Trout. The Golden has not been stocked in Colorado Lakes since 1998, but it is believed a few managed to survive in this lake and are doing quite well at natural reproduction. The trip is being planned for late July or early August of this year.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about

holy **** dude!! you made it to American Angler, this months issue! way to go!

edit... which i just now notcied has already been mentioned =-\