The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cool!!

Here's a great way to do some lookin around before your trip to Yellowstone.
Yellowstone Fly Fishing Maps
Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM

Yukon Jack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cool!!

Very cool fyshstykr, We are heading to Yellowstone late this summer or early fall, this will be fun to check out.

Thanks,

Yukon Jack
Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Your very welcome Jack , If you have not fished the park before, may I suggest "Slough Creek", been wanting to go in there for years, it just never seems to happen, so close yet so far away.
From what I hear, the further up you go the better it becomes, with less people obviously......
Old 04-02-2008, 01:50 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

That really is a cool resource. I plan on bookmarking it.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Dorian,
Yesterday I googled "Swan Valley Idaho", found the satellite view of the river and followed it from Palisades all the way to where it meets up with hwy 20 @ Lorenzo.
It was really fun, and you could see the reflection from the inside of some of the drift boats.

I want to copy it, put it in a folder and cross referrence it with the map I have. Gonna take a lot of ink though.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 PM

Yukon Jack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Your very welcome Jack , If you have not fished the park before, may I suggest "Slough Creek", been wanting to go in there for years, it just never seems to happen, so close yet so far away.
From what I hear, the further up you go the better it becomes, with less people obviously......

Fyshstykr,
I have not fished in the park, minus the time we went to Yellowstone when I was a kid, I fished off of fisherman's bridge for about 10 minutes and some guy stopped and said the bridge was closed to fishing, so I beat feet hehe.

The trip was not planned as a fishing trip. I will be going with my wife and her folks. But I plan to get as much fishing in as I can. I should know more about what RV parks we will be staying in as we plan the trip out more. I am sure I will be researching and asking for advice a lot this early summer. The maps site you posted should be a great help.

Thanks again,

Yukon Jack
Old 04-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Jack,
I've spent some time in the park, but quite honestly I have spent much more time in the area west and south of the park in Idaho, but I will try to give you any help I can, just ask....

Late Summer and early Fall as you mentioned when you will be going, If you go after Labor Day the crowds will be much less, and with hopefully somewhat cooler temperatures the wildlife may be a little more active, especially during early morning hours.

How long are you planning on being in the area? and are you planning on venturing out of the Park?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*