The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Backpacking and Fishing the Winds

We left Michigan August 20th, 8 guys in a motorhome and drove to Cheyenne where we picked up my B.I.L. Todd. Drove to Pinedale, grabbed licenses at almost 100 dollars, then headed for the Green River Lakes.

We spend the better part of 7 days hiking and fishing. Caught a ton of Brook Trout, Cutthroat Trout and Golden Trout.

We did a lot of fishing, but our main goal was to make it to the top and across Osborne Mountain.

Now when somebody says, what did you do this summer I can say, "Climbed a Mountain."

Was a great time, no injuries, spectacular scenery, wildlife and a super time with great friends in the outdoors.

The whole trip in at MarkandChrisLundin.com, on the fishing page.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Backpacking and Fishing the Winds

Mark,

You are an adventurer for sure. I don't know how old you are but you are doing it right. I have climbed a few mountains and waded in water I may never get back to but the memories and experiences are what make up a life. I am not done yet but I go a little slower now than I did thirty years ago. The no injuries part is always good, I only ever had one that I couldn't fix myself but that climbing thing offers the opportunity to get a boo boo before you know what is happening.

Glad to hear you're doing it,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Great adventures are what life is all about, if you ask me. Like Ard, I'm getting a little older and a little slower, but ya can't keep me out of the mountains.
I tried the link to your site but the fishing button didn't work. Can you put up a direct link?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: Sounds like you guys had another great trip together. Sorry I missed you when you past through my neck of the woods! Have you got your trip posted on your web site yet?

Larry
Old 09-02-2010, 07:25 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
Great adventures are what life is all about, if you ask me. Like Ard, I'm getting a little older and a little slower, but ya can't keep me out of the mountains.
I tried the link to your site but the fishing button didn't work. Can you put up a direct link?
Here you go yatahey

Untitled

Couple of the browsers won't acknowledge the fishing link, but if you go to a link it acknowledges it will let you click on the fishing page from there.

Ard, I know where you are and I envy you. I will turn 50 on October 1st. One of the guys that went with us (Russ) is 59 and he did well. We encountered two other guys on the trail and they were both in the 50's. On the way out we met a 65 year old gentleman that was headed in to hike to Bear Lake for some pictures and fishing. He was by himself.

In talking with them, I think the secret to being able to do these things as we get older is to eat right, live an active lifestyle, a bit of exercise.

What worked well for me is I live 2.5 miles from my office. Rather then drive, I started walking at least one way and both ways as often as possible. Through the year I walked between 300 and 350 miles getting ready for this trip.

Sorry I missed you Larry, but I will be touching base with you often starting next year. Already planning our next trip. I think the hike will involve a loop west of Denver, but I am also wanting to put together a 6 day motorcylce loop to include Sturgis next year and will be looking to you for advice.

I love taking these trips. For 7 out of 9 this was there first time out west and in the mountains, was only my second time and I was in awe.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:45 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Nice slide show looks like a great trip. Loved the music too, very appropriate.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: LIke always, you did an outstanding job on the slide show and music! Great fun to watch. Looking forward to helping with your motorcycle tour next year.

Larry
Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 AM

fishtacos will become famous soon enoughfishtacos will become famous soon enough

Gonna post in here so I can watch your vids later.