The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 09:11 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Looking for a 4th for Wyoming Fishing Trip

One of our guys can't make it and we're looking for a 4th person for a trip to Wyoming.

We fly into Jackson Hole on Aug 17th, arriving around 9:30 am. We have a Rental Car and will head to the Green River Lake to start our trip. We will come out the 24th, stay the night in a cheap hotel and fly home the morning of the 25th.

We'll be spending 7 days camping along the Green River, Roaring Fork River, mountain streams and lakes. Fishing for about 7 species of trout. Fly fishing and spinner fishing.

The hike will take us along the foothills of the mountains, then into the mountains, the back down to the foothills. Total length will be between 20 and 25 miles. No real Mountain Climbing, but there will be some uphill trails.

Cost is not too bad. You have to make it to Jackson. You're share of the rental car, food and hotel should be less then 200 dollars total. Outside of that I think the fishing license will be about 100 dollars.

If anybody is interested let me know. You can see what kind of yahoos you would be camping 7 days with by checking out our website. It's the same guys that did Alaska last year, minus Kurt.

We can do it with three, I just like even numbers, easier to partner up and cover different water.

Should be a good trip. Everything points to great fishing, now if Mother Nature will give us good weather we should be set.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:12 AM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Looking for a 4th for Wyoming Fishing Trip

Just thought I would bump this to the top one time. Still looking for a fourth. Theres still a bit of time to get in shape for a walk through the Wind River Wilderness Area.