The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green River First to Clear Up

fysh

Glad your going to get to go fishing, looking forward to meeting you! 240 miles is that round trip, for some reason I was thinking it wouldn't be a long drive for you, anyway for me its 328 miles to Daniel, I'm planning on leaving Thursday after work and probably over nighting in Pinedale (or where ever I can find a campground in the area).

Larry
Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Hey Fysh

Clear out your old PMs your box is full and I can't send you new ones. Wondering what time you'll make it up there? Also how does fried chicken and pasta salad sound for lunch. Anything particular you want too drink bring with you.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-10-2008, 03:36 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Well I just got off the phone with the Shuttle Service we use down on the Green. They report the river has cleared up completely. Said the water is crystal clear with visibility all the way to the bottom. Water is reported as still cold and the fish are not a bit sluggish. Friday is supposed to be sunny and warm so that should get them moving. My clients for Wednesday postponed their trip till Thursday so I will have first hand knowledge of conditions for us on Friday morning.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Account on hold

kais 4795 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
The best fishing on the upper stretches is before the summer heat warms the water too much. Basically from mid June to end of July. All time favorite fishing is during the Grey Drake hatch. That should come anytime now till the beginning of August. Saw a few of them last week but nothing compared to when the real hatch its. They are very prolific and the big fish really key in on them. We'll let you know if their going this weekend. Where do you come up from when you go to the Green?
I come from Colorado. I grew up in Kemmerer and still have family there and in LaBarge, Big Piney and Pinedale. We usually fish down below Big Piney. I miss the river up there. When I was in High School I had guide permits for the stretch of river from Pinedale to Fontenelle. I ended up fishing too much though, and never got the business going. Now it's all for fun (when I can get up there). I live out on the plains, so most of the fishing I do now is warm water. I hope to be up in that country within the next month. My favorite Green fishing is below the dam in February and March. No people and monster fish.
Kais
Onetoomanyhobbies
Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
fysh

Glad your going to get to go fishing, looking forward to meeting you! 240 miles is that round trip, for some reason I was thinking it wouldn't be a long drive for you, anyway for me its 328 miles to Daniel, I'm planning on leaving Thursday after work and probably over nighting in Pinedale (or where ever I can find a campground in the area).

Larry

Looking forward to meeting you also Larry.

240 is what my Father In-Law figured, I'm gonna look at 'Google' later and find out for sure. I would love to head up Thursday also, but I have to stay home overnight with the the dogs and get them taken care of before I leave, and then head back that night after we float.

Another good note, I'm heading back up to the S/F on Sunday.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Hey Fysh

Clear out your old PMs your box is full and I can't send you new ones. Wondering what time you'll make it up there? Also how does fried chicken and pasta salad sound for lunch. Anything particular you want too drink bring with you.
Will do.
And I love cold fried Chicken!!! I will bring some Coffee and pop, can't have a few beers while fishin and then have to drive that far back home.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 06-10-2008, 06:23 PM

Fysh got you PM. Sounds like we are all set. I'm really looking forward to it. With the river cleared up all the way and a sunny day it should be awesome.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

You guys have fun on the green! for some reason you see the water below the dam let me know what it looks like.
Clint
Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh

Now your making me jealous talking about fishing the S/F on Sunday.
I'm planning on doing a float on that river later in the fall, but I want to do a trip with Davo on the Snake sometime after run off.

Larry
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry Larry.
I've had a tough couple months as far as fishing goes, I have to make up for lost time.....lol.
If the river fishes as well this year, as it did the last couple, (as soon as the Goldens and the Yellow Sally's start coming off), it should fish well for atleast 2 months.

Finally catching up on the work schedule, making good headway on the chores around home, only got the dog run cement pad, and the dog house left to finish. Life is pretty good!