The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green River First to Clear Up

fysh

Best of luck on fishing the S/F!

I feel the pain on the cold spring we have had, its been hard to get a weekend with good weather for fishing, but it looks like Daniel, WY will be good on Friday, the forecast is calling for mostly sunny with highs of 63-67! I saw on the news where its snowing in Walden, CO this morning, thats only 60 miles west of us.

I laid 800 sf of sod last night after work, but came up a little short (my math must not be very good) so the wife is going to run over to Cheyenne today and pick up enough sod to finish the project tonight.

Larry
Old 06-11-2008, 08:25 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Another good note, I'm heading back up to the S/F on Sunday.
Good news, Greg called over to the SF for a report. Flows are around 12,000 and it is fishing well. The weather looks good so you should have a great time. Don't forget the camera as we all want pics with your fishing report!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

How's the back feeling today Larry?

That's good Dave, good reports coming from everywhere.

Hope you fellas are ready to do some fishin tomorrow, I'm planning on leaving my house around 4:00 am and being there around 7:45am. Does that work for you guys?

My work week is now done, and going into town to pick up a few things for tomorrow.

I'm finally goin fishin!!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

I just got back from down there. Lot a wind today and cold, all supposed to be gone tomorrow!!!! We caught a few fish, clients were spin fishing, but still the fish are moving.

7:45 works great for me!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Larry and Dave, just letting you know I made it home safely.

Had a great day fishing with you, your a great couple of guys, and thanks for all the laughs.
Larry thanks for bringing your boat, Dave thanks for the shore lunch.

We must do it again soon, and get a few others to come along too.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 06-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh and Davo

Made it home safe and sound, I hit Hwy 191 at 6:20 and arrived in my driveway at 11:20 pm. I had a great day of fishing, really enjoyed your company! Thanks for a great day on the river! What a great river!

Davo, thanks so much for the help with rowing the new drift boat. Now I have some pointers I can use to get better and now have a better concept on crossing over to the outside of the corners and how to keep the boat moving parallel to the shore line, and of course correcting for the afternoon winds, etc, etc.........I can see I have lots to learn for sure.

Larry
Old 06-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Here are a few pictures of our Green River Trip.....sorry I didn't take more, just too busy fishing and enjoying the beautiful scenary. The first pic is Davo behind the drift boat and the second is Fysh casting to a pod of white fish. He pulled several out of that one spot.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GreenRiver1.jpg (76.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg GreenRiver3.jpg (58.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg GreenRiver2.jpg (61.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-14-2008, 09:47 AM

Larry and Fysh

Glad you both made it home in one piece. It was great to meet and get to fish with you both. Glad I got to show you some new water. I wish the weather had been better leading up to our trip so we would have had the fishing the Green is known for. In spite of slow fishing I had a great time and definitely look forward to fishing with you both in the future.

Larry thanks for the pics. Our goal for the next trip is to have more with fish in them. Glad you came a way with some rowing tips. If you always position the boat where you would want it if you were the one casting you'll do great!! Your rowing will only improve from here on in as it is a skill you learn over time. Like you said reading about it helps but it is better to spend time on the water doing it. Just remember to invite Fysh and I from time to time!!

Fysh

It was great to finnally get together to wet a line. Hopefully we can get to the Teton to try some water new to us both. Let us all know how the South Fork is on Sunday. Get some pics with fish!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Geez Larry!!
I can't believe you took a pic of me, I didn't even get a chance to do my hair. lol

Glad you made it home safely also. Wyoming state police had people pulled over everywhere between Daniel and the Interstate below Kemmerer, I didn't think Wyoming had that many cops. lol

Old 06-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Fysh

I ran into the same issue going south on hwy 191 below Pinedale. Cruising along behind an SUV doing just over 70 we came up on a highway patrol vehicle, he pulled out and followed us for 20 miles......definately slowed us down! Keep us posted on the SF trip plans I will try to make it if possible.

Sure had a good time and it was great to finally get to met you and Davo!

Larry