The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 PM

out2trout is on a distinguished road
Default Close places to fish in Denver?

Hi guys, I live in the SW portion of Denver close to Littleton. Anyone know if there are close (within an hour) places to fish? I've been to the Blue and Dream Stream and though they are excellent places to fish, I just would rather a closer place to fish.

I know when you head south on 285, there is the Platte River. Is that section worth fishing? If so, where?

Thanks guys and happy fishing!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: Close places to fish in Denver?

The water going south on 285 is almost all private property. There are a few public places but not much worth the trouble.
Deckers and Cheeseman Canyon are closer than the Dream Stream and both consistently produce nice fish.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:23 PM

out2trout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
The water going south on 285 is almost all private property. There are a few public places but not much worth the trouble.
Deckers and Cheeseman Canyon are closer than the Dream Stream and both consistently produce nice fish.
Thank you yatahey. I will give those two a try. Any particular good places in those area to fish, or are they all good?

Thanks again
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Check your PMs for info