The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Wyoming trip in two weeks!

Hi clwpaddler,

Thanks for the trip report. Did you get any pictures? I bet the Two Rivers fly shop was a big help. The times I have been there they were forthcoming with all kinds of help.

Frank
Old 08-06-2008, 06:29 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

Hello Woody

We'll be heading to Wyoming on the 17th of August to fish the Gray Reef on the platte but will fish alot of other streams and a couple of lakes in Medicine Bow National forest. We'd thought we'd fish French creek,Big Creek and Douglas creek just to mention a few plus the Lake called Bear lake and Shelf Lake for Golden Trout.... Also we're going to try that Colorado Lake that is trophy mananged....need all the imput from any others that have fished these area's......... thanks!
Lambster
GeorgiaFlyGuide
Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 PM

2PawsRiver will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a nice trip Woody. How long you going to be in Wyoming.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:10 PM
dooolan is on a distinguished road

2 weeks ago I stayed at the Whiskey Grove Campground which is a few miles south of the Green River Lakes. We stayed for 3 days and had to go because of the mosquitoes. I caught numerous 12 inch rainbows and whitefish up and downstream from the campground. At the Green River lakes, the mosquitoes were only half as bad and the fishing was better. I caught a 18 inch lake trout on a size 14 bead head glow bug egg on my sinking line. We left and stayed at the Greys River at Moose Flats Campground for a few days and caught several fine spotted cutthroat. The Greys was busier than the Green in regards to the number of people we saw driving around but had more cutthroat in the 12 to 16 inch range. We also fished Middle Piney Creek for a day outside of the town of Big Piney and only caught 10 inch cutthroats but the scenery was magnificent. One day while in Pinedale, we fished the New Fork River at a public access point. Wooden steps extend over the barbed wire to a part of the river which looks very promising. However, the mosquitoes were really bad and a Moose ran us off when he/she came walking towards us from out of nowhere. I also fished the BLM access to the Green at Warren Bridge with little success probably because we were there at around 3 pm. I had a few huge bites but no takers... I will post some pics eventually...