The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Float trip on the Madison or Green??

Either the 10th or 11th next week.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

I'd go for the Madison it will be hot and slow on the green in the afternoon.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 AM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Davo, I'll let everyone know how the Madison fishes when I get back. Depending on how it goes, I'll also be planning another trip next July.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM

The Madison was a great tip. My buddy had the time of his life and caught many fish. I think he's hooked and talking about tackle now. We fished all day but a couple of hours into the float we stopped for a break and the guide and myself turned to look at my buddy. We noticed his line go tight and saw what had to be the biggest brown I'd ever seen turn to run with his fly. That broadside view had the guide screaming to keep his line taut. I caught a similar sized rainbow that bent my hook 20" into the fight. What a quality day of fishing. The rest of the trip was pretty productive in Yellowstone as well. Thanks to the many contributors for your sound advice.

Is it hard to post pics?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Racine,

Here is a link to a FAQ that explains how to post a picture. If you have any problems please let me know.

I don't know if you know it but Davo guides in that country. Check out the link in his signature.

Frank

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Racine,

Here is a link to a FAQ that explains how to post a picture. If you have any problems please let me know.

I don't know if you know it but Davo guides in that country. Check out the link in his signature.

Frank

Hi Frank

Thanks for the plug!! I actually was one that recommended the Madison over the Green. Glad they had such a great trip!!

Guiding here in Jackson has been slow this year for sure. People are just not spending any money. Lots of them in town but not many trips being booked.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 AM

soloman is on a distinguished road

thank