The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Upper Snake River Jackson Wy.

Well I'm happy to report that we finally have clear water!!! The river has been fishing okay for the last three weeks in spite of high and cloudy water conditions. The water level has dropped steadily and is almost at the average for date level, about 500-700 cfs to go. The good news is the clarity. Now that we have clear water the dry fly action will really get going. Up to now your best results came from Streamers and Nymphs. Now it is time for some surface action. Have plenty of Hoppers( I find parachute Hoppers to be the best producer) and yellow Stimulators on hand. For the riffle action you'll need PMDs, BWOs, and Adams. For attractors use ants, royal wulfs, trudes and PMXs.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 PM

ckeeler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upper Snake River Jackson Wy.

how is jackson hole,i'm from texas just started flyfishing i've been going to green river,Utah
Old 10-07-2008, 07:06 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler View Post
how is jackson hole,i'm from texas just started flyfishing i've been going to green river,Utah
ckeeler:

Jacksons great!! Tons of good fishing all around. The upper Green River is about an hour south of us and it is great fishing as well. Been many years since I made the drive all the way down to fish it below Flaming Gorge.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM

ckeeler is on a distinguished road

That is where I started flyfishin Flamin gorge. I heard jackson had bigger fish the browns sould be running right.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeler View Post
That is where I started flyfishin Flamin gorge. I heard jackson had bigger fish the browns sould be running right.
Jackson does not have browns. The Snake here is all Cutthroats except for some escapees from some private stocked waters. Now on the South Fork just over the mountain They got big browns and they should be starting to run. The Green down south of here has Cuts Browns and Bows with some real big dogs.