The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 10:10 PM

New2FlyVA is on a distinguished road
Default Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

Just got back from the Marlboro Ranch. Had to fish a pond that had not been stocked in 3 yrs. but my intent was to learn to cast anyways so the fact that the fish were not biting didn't phase me too much. You simply cannot get upset when you are in the most beautiful place in the world. Of course I was hoping we would hit the Yellowstone River or Madison, but o-well.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

You're right about the most beautiful place in the world! Curious why it was that you weren't able to fish the Yellowstone or the Madison while you were up there in "God's Country".
Old 10-03-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
You're right about the most beautiful place in the world! Curious why it was that you weren't able to fish the Yellowstone or the Madison while you were up there in "God's Country".
It's a trip you win with Marlboro. There's soo many activities to do you don't get ton of time to do each one. I spent my other time driving h1 hummers up the crazy mountains, skeet shooting, cattle drive, yellowstone park, etc...
Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi New2FlyVA,

Thanks for the pictures. I see some good water right behind you in your first picture. It would have been hard for me to pass that up for other stuff.

Frank
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi New2FlyVA,

Thanks for the pictures. I see some good water right behind you in your first picture. It would have been hard for me to pass that up for other stuff.

Frank
That 1st pic was the Yellowstone River, it was a smoke brek so the bus stopped for 10 min. and we were out of there..... bummer....
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 AM

seattleman1969 is on a distinguished road

Beautiful area that. My best friend was from the Great Falls area but they had property close to White Sulphur Springs and we spent a few summer and a couple of winter weekends in that area before he passed.

Hope you guys made it to White Sulphur Springs to enjoy the Hot Springs there. It's incredibly refreshing! Just north of there are many small lakes and streams and outfitters put in for the Smith River float just outside of White Sulphur. The Smith is an amazing fishery that you have to try at least once in your life!