The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Rocky Mountain Range

Rocky Mountain Range Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Floating Wyoming in the Fall

All week we kept making plans to meet up with forum members for a float on a local Wyoming stream. It all started early Friday morning, Clint and I met up at the boat launch for a float and some fishing. The plan was for Clint and myself to float one stretch of river on Friday and then another stretch on Saturday with Fysh, Davo and his friend Johny. The wx turned out to be great with the exception of some pretty heavy winds on Friday afternoon which made casting a little challenging, but we were lucky it didn't blow up river making the rowing difficult. The fishing was a bit slow at times but I think we all had a good time floating together with friends that met here on the forum! Thanks goes to Davo for bringing the great fried chicken lunch on Saturday!

Clint, taking his turn on the oars:
Click the image to open in full size.

One of the nice Browns Clint landed:

The bald eagles seem to be thriving in this part of Wyoming:

Where they live:

Fysh, Davo and Johny getting organized for the float:

Here is a good look at Davo's new Clacka drift boat:

Another shot of Davo, Fysh and Johny:

Wyoming wildlife spotted along the river:

Even though it is hunting season these deer didn't seem to mind us floating by:

I hooked into this nice Brown Trout at the boat launch waiting for the cars to shuttle down to the take out:

Another nice Brown:

Another shot:

Clint took most of the fish shots, so hopefully he will add them to this thread. On Friday he landed a huge Rainbow, I sure hope the photos do him justice!

Larry
Old 10-17-2010, 08:46 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Floating Wyoming in the Fall

Thanks Larry. Nice pictures of the boat, river, wildlife (awesome), and fish. I think it's neat that you all met here.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics Larry. Can't wait to see Clint's. Always good to see everyone, and meet new people.
Maybe next time we should come closer to you and fish your water? I would like to fish the North Platte with you sometime.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say we will see Clint with a boat next year. I think he likes floating. Any takers?

Davo, "Thanks" for lunch and the laughs. I'll never see a brown sweater and not think of you. You are a NUT!

I look good rowing Davo's new Clacka huh?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

I agree with Fysh on the pics Larry!! I'm always in the boat so I have few pics of it. Hope Clints pics turn out I'd like to see that Rainbow. You are all welcome for the chicken!! It was great to get out on the water with everyone and nice to meet Clint. John enjoyed meeting everyone.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great report Larry...looks like you had a great time guysnext time take some pics of Davo's chickenyou all speak about it and we never see it
Old 10-18-2010, 03:37 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, well, I'm just plain jealous! Sure wish I could have been with you all, sounds and looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing. It was almost as much fun as going to follow as you made plans and then to see and hear of the results. Well done.

Kelly.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

It was a great time out with the "posse" on our turf, people recognized us and bowed down My hands are still a little sore from rowing and chucking meat into the wind-lol!

Fysh, I hope you win that bet!

Davo, thanks for lunch and it was nice to meet you!

Here are a few of my favorite pics:

Larry's brown from the ramp, a great way to start the day.
A few pics of my bow, I'd say around the 22" range. Thanks for taking the pics Larry! It was my first time wearing the buff and I'll say it's more comfortable and effective than sunscreen.
A brown from the early morning and afternoon on Friday:
And the last fish of the trip:
Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Clint: That Rainbow you landed was a monster and the photos you took sure did him justice, congrats!

Larry
Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Larry & everyone else too,

Looks like you fellas had a ball. It is very cool that you all met through this fishing forum. maybe other members will follow your lead and make an effort to meet up. I'm going to make a trip to the area of Kenai (the town) to meet Vance who has recently joined us here. Maybe he will be going down to fish on the Anchor River with me before the big freeze.

Here's hoping,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Larry & everyone else too,

Looks like you fellas had a ball. It is very cool that you all met through this fishing forum. maybe other members will follow your lead and make an effort to meet up. I'm going to make a trip to the area of Kenai (the town) to meet Vance who has recently joined us here. Maybe he will be going down to fish on the Anchor River with me before the big freeze.

Here's hoping,

Ard
Ard: I couldn't agree more, it has been a wonderful experience. Three years ago I bought a used drift boat and Davo invited me up to the upper Green River to give me some basic tips on rowing. Fysh came along on that trip and we have all been friends ever since and fished a number of times together. Now Clint, Josh and Gabe have fished with us and it has been the first time they have fished out of a drift boat and I'm now showing Clint the basics on rowing. This forum is fantastic! I sure hope you and Vance get a chance to fish together.

Larry